About RTL GROUP
RTL Group is a leader across broadcast, content and digital, with interests in 68 television channels, eight streaming platforms and 31 radio stations. RTL Group also produces content throughout the world and owns digital video networks. The television portfolio of Europe’s largest broadcaster includes RTL Television in Germany, M6 in France, the RTL channels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Croatia, Hungary and Antena 3 in Spain. RTL Group’s families of TV channels are either the number one or number two in eight European countries. The Group’s flagship radio station is RTL in France, and it also owns or has interests in other stations in France, Germany, Belgium, Spain and Luxembourg. RTL Group’s content business, Fremantle, is one of the world’s largest creators, producers and distributors of scripted and unscripted content. Fremantle has an international network of production teams, companies and labels in over 30 countries, producing over 12,800 hours of original programming and distributing over 20,000 hours of content worldwide. Combining the streaming-services of its broadcasters (such as TV Now, 6play, Videoland), the digital video networks BroadbandTV and Divimove; and Fremantle’s more than 300 YouTube channels, RTL Group has become the leading European media company in digital video. RTL Group also owns the ad-tech businesses Smartclip and SpotX. RTL AdConnect is RTL Group’s international advertising sales house. Bertelsmann is the majority shareholder of RTL Group, which is listed on the Luxembourg and Frankfurt stock exchanges and in the MDax stock index.
For more information, please visit RTLGroup.com.
RTL Group – Entertain. Inform. Engage.
In this exciting new role, the key tasks include ensuring effective and efficient delivery of a portfolio of audits across the Group's entities, supporting the Head of Internal Audit in setting up and developing a team of 6 financial and IT auditors as well as participating in building the team strategy.
- Support the Head of Audit in recruiting and shaping a team of strong audit professionals
- Participate in the development of the audit strategy and of the audit planning with the Head of Audit
- Manage/perform risk-based internal audit reviews in line with the yearly audit plan (and, where required, investigations, thematic reviews and special projects) from end-to-end including planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Ensure that audit work is performed in accordance with the standards set by the Institute of Internal Auditors and in line with internal rules and regulations;
- Ensure that audit projects are carried out efficiently and effectively in accordance with agreed-upon timeframes;
- Develop audit programs to be used in current and future audits, which address essential risks.
- Prepare compelling and impactful reports timely with recommendations that are suitable to the business
- Ensure that the management answers to the reports are adequately challenged and that they are achievable as well as aligned with the priorities of the Group.
- Establish a senior level relationship with management - develop influential relationships and provide meaningful challenge, insight and support
- Liaise occasionally with Bertelsmann audit team to align methodology where possible and potentially collaborate on some audits
- Delegate for Head of Audit where required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of audit experience including a minimum of 4-year experience in Big 10 external audit
- A demonstrable track record of success in all audit areas including operational, IT and project assurance, with a strong focus on financial audits
- Experience in leading teams and building team from scratch is desirable
- Experience working in a complex multinational organization with different sized-business
- Accounting or audit qualification ACA or equivalent
- Strong academic background
- Any fraud investigations experience would be beneficial but is not a must
- CIA, ACFE are a plus
- Experience working in a media Business / or similar is a plus
- Ability to travel 40 to max 50% of the time (EMEA travels mostly but also a few entities in the US and Asia/Australia)
- Perfect command of spoken and written English (CEFR level C2). Ability to speak French is a real plus, German language is helpful, other languages are a nice to have
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office