Credit Analyst French Portfolio
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The role is responsible for the underwriting of new and existing floorplan lending transactions of a dedicated portfolio of small and medium sized dealers in the multiproduct segment. The customer base is predominantly located in France.
The Underwriter will have their own delegated lending authority and will be required to make written recommendations to management for those deals above their own lending authority. Responsibilities:
- Assessing credit risk profile of SME transactions and approving or recommending those transactions are an appropriate investment decision for Wells in compliance with CDF strike zone. This will include new transactions, line increase requests as well as the annual review of existing transactions.
- Working collaboratively with the EMEA Commercial and credit risk teams to ensure timely and effective analysis and decision making.
- Reviewing and analysing financial and non-financial information in collaboration with all stakeholders and ensure the completion of credit pitch documents to a high standard to achieve right/first time approvals.
- Providing analysis and deal structuring support on larger &/or more complex deal exposures where applicable.
- Support communication/negotiation with Credit Insurance companies on potential coverage requirements for unsecured transactions.
- Actively supporting cross-functional teams in maintaining wing-to-wing dealer transaction cycle time within agreed timeframe.
- Ensuring the risk rating process for all dealer transactions is carried out in line with WFCF Policy and relevant EMEA CDF procedures.
- The Credit Analyst at all times should operate in compliance with CDFs risk appetite and at all times dealer transactions should be compliant with the Vendor programs to which they relate.
- Adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures in executing on above responsibilities including strict adherence to delegated investment authorities.
- Responsible for ensuring all approval conditions are satisfied, finance and other legal documents are appropriately executed and a closing memo is prepared confirming the transaction is eligible for funding.
- Providing training / underwriting expertise, where required.
- Participation in customer meetings, where required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Proven Risk Management / Underwriting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels, ensuring all communications (verbal & written) are of the highest standard: professional, appropriate & proactive at all times.
- Exhibits inclusive behaviour, team work orientated and ability to engage with remote stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge and implement value added improvements.
- Strong problem solving/decision making skills.
- Willingness/readiness for continued professional development and personal growth
- Microsoft products - excel, word, power point, outlook
- Ability to work within the framework of company policies e.g. data protection, compliance etc. at all times.
- Fluency in French, German and English required.
- Trained banking professional (Bankkaufmann /-frau)
- University Education in related field.
- Background in Factoring
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.