Associate Director - Aromatics Consultant
IHS Markit Chemical is seeking a Consultant who will be responsible for market analysis and coverage of the Aromatics (specifically BTX) markets across EMEA, in support of all IHS Markit chemical Market Advisory Services dedicated to these markets. Responsibilities shall include:
- Maintenance of short term and long-term supply/demand models, which include: updates to the capacity database, update of quarterly supply/demand balances, in cooperation with the global aromatics team, regular review of long-term supply/demand balances used in published World Analyses and to meet the requirements of the IHS Markit chemical Business Advisory Group
- Maintenance of econometric models which determine production cash costs and margins
- Construction of robust and defendable short term and long-term price and margin forecasts
- Support existing clients with a focus on increasing IHS Markit's exposure inside client organizations
- Continuous proactive marketing of Market Advisory and World Analysis Services to meet annual growth goals, such as: sales calls to be worked in with client visit program where possible, develop strong connection to relevant industry associations, give market presentations at client meetings as well as IHS Markit and industry conferences
- Provide written market analysis and reasoned forecasts to required World Analysis and Market Advisory Services
- Provide support to the Business Advisory Group for single client project work as required
- Extensive technical and commercial experience in the petrochemical markets, with a primary focus in Aromatics (particularly BTX)
- A thorough understanding of the Aromatics market, and the key commercial drivers within the marketplace
- A robust network of established marketplace contacts
- This experience may have been gained in production, conversion and / or distribution industries
- A chemical engineering degree is an ideal qualification but otherwise a good technical or commercial degree will be accepted
- Must have excellent written / spoken English
- Must be computer literate, conversant with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is an advantage
- Must be highly motivated, able to work with minimum supervision and work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment
- The location is London or Essen and the candidate must be willing to travel frequently within EMEA and as necessary to other regions
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.