Financial Analyst - Corporate Finance (German Speaking)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 14 Feb 19
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defence, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2017, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and were ranked in the top 10 most active global M&A advisors, according to Thomson Reuters.
Our Corporate Finance business consists of industry-specific investment banking groups that provide us with a deep understanding of our client’s business and positioning before we are even engaged in a transaction. Combined with this market penetration is our international presence throughout Europe, the United States, and the Asia-Pacific region. In Europe, we work with a wide spectrum of companies, from mid-market privately owned enterprises to large multinational organizations. With offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, and Paris, along with global reach and in-depth knowledge across a broad range of industries, we have the breadth and targeted expertise that lead to solid client service.
Financial Analysts in the M&A business may work on transactions that provide exposure to various client industries and investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, private placements of debt and equity, refinancing, and leveraged buyouts. You will work with a talented, dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. You will research and analyse financial statements, general economic conditions, industry-specific conditions and developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and private companies.
As an Analyst, you will:
- Develop complex financial models and analyse financial statements, industry developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately held companies
- Support active engagements and participate in our firm’s marketing efforts
- Work closely with talented, experienced, dedicated professionals, including senior officers, who will give you broad exposure to a wide range of industries and highly complex transactions
- Assist in the preparation of materials for clients, conduct market, industry and company analyses
- Develop relevant general corporate finance and valuation skills
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards staff with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, is motivated, detail oriented, creative, outgoing, and possesses excellent quantitative skills.
The following general qualifications are required:
- 2-3 years of postgraduate Investment Banking experience in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Strong Excel and Financial Modelling skills
- Strong analytical abilities and knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory
- Excellent understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- A strong understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and German
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional work ethic
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DV