2022 Summer Analyst Program - Global Markets Infrastructure (GMI) Hong Kong
#GENERATIONGMI Global Market Infrastructure Summer Analyst Program
BNY Mellon's Global Market Infrastructure (GMI) is comprised of the Markets, Pershing, Treasury Services, Credit Services, and Clearance and Collateral Management businesses and plays a crucial role at the center of global finance. The GMI Summer Analyst Program offers high-potential, diverse junior talent with developmental opportunities and exposure to the platform through valuable, strategic projects that align to critical business needs. This program is designed for the driven student seeking real-world experience and with a desire to build a unique portfolio of transferable skills which will prepare them for a long-term career within the financial services industry. Program at a Glance
GMI is at the center of BNY Mellon's provision of sophisticated solutions to our clients and we rely on this robust campus recruiting program to develop our early career talent. This 10-week summer internship assignment will directly place you within one of the GMI businesses and deliver meaningful work assignments meant to drive strategic initiatives forward and offer first-hand experience with clients. What's in it For You
Our Ideal Candidate
- Two-day orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including assignment managers, senior mentors, business stakeholders, and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to a variety of disciplines, including trading, sales, and product
- Access to over 4,000 GMI employees based in more than 20 countries with whom you will have daily interactions with, learning about the needs of clients across various markets and financial conditions
Who We Are
- Intellectually curious with a questioning mindset with a passion for contributing to the future of BNY Mellon
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Aptitude for analytic and quantitative thinking
- Team-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, global working environment
- Consultative, with a client-friendly disposition and strong presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter with digital literacy or curiosity about future of digital in finance
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors
- Rising senior (U.S.) or penultimate year students during summer 2022
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better in the U.S., or equivalent
- Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
At BNY Mellon, we power individuals and institutions to success across the financial world through a comprehensive suite of investment services and investment management solutions. We continue to strive to create differentiated value for our clients, help them build and scale resilient operating models, and better enable them to perform with excellence.
We are proven stewards with scale and among the market leaders in almost every aspect of managing and servicing financial assets, making us vital to the smooth functioning of the world's financial markets. Our broad and unique perspective helps us anticipate future client needs and drive innovation. We also embrace an open and objective ecosystem, engineering the best solutions for our clients by partnering with other financial institutions and tech firms. In this manner, we are able to expand our product portfolio and provide our clients with greater flexibility, quality, transparency and efficiency.
Our enduring ambition is to build the best global team-one that is inclusive of differing perspectives, backgrounds and experiences, and represents the increasingly varied markets and clients we serve.