2023 Investment Banking Summer Associate MBA Program (Hong Kong / Singapore / Seoul)
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in Investment Banking. We are one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
The Summer Associate Program is designed to expose graduate students to how business is run in the investment banking industry. The Program generally begins in June or July, allowing students to experience actual business duties in the span of several weeks. Students will be assigned to a specific group and will work on assignments ranging from industry analysis to analytical work. Successful Summer Associates may receive a Full-time Associate offer after graduating from their Program. Training Program
Summer Associates will receive both Firmwide and Investment Banking Division (IBD)-specific training, and will interact with other Summer Associates participating in different programs. The training program consists of business-specific content, compliance issues and networking. Responsibilities
Your projects may involve a merger, an IPO or financing a new venture. You may participate in a competitive auction process to divest a business, identify potential strategic acquisition targets, organize a road show for potential investors in a major new equity offering or advise your team on how to tackle a complex piece of analysis. The role and responsibilities vary by department and may include:
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions and/or M&A transactions.
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- You must be a MBA graduate student in your penultimate year of study, graduating between October 2023 - July 2024.
- You have at least two years of business experience.
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English, Chinese or other Asian language is preferred.
- You are analytical, quantitative, insightful, adaptive, a quick learner, a leader, a team player, a multi-tasker and possess strong work ethics and a positive attitude.
- You are motivated to succeed in the investment banking industry.
Work authority / citizenship requirement (if required) Application Process and Deadline
We review applications on a rolling basis and we hire until our roles are full, so we advise you to apply as soon as you are ready.
Application processes may vary by location but typical follows:
- CV Assessment
- Phone Interview
- Application deadline: 23rd December 2022
- Application will be closed at 23:59 HKT