APAC Chief Anti-Bribery Officer
Serves as Asia Pacific Chief Anti-Bribery Officer and senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM Anti-Bribery APAC.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on the programs.
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Developing, attracting, and retaining talent; recommending staffing levels required to carry out the unit's role and responsibilities effectively while establishing and adhering to talent management processes and compensation and performance management programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Overseeing key program pillars and controls, including preventive and detective controls in connection with Third Party Risk Management, Gifts & Entertainment, due diligence on significant complex transactions and new products, and Employment Practices.
- Developing and establishing compliance risk management policies and procedures to mitigate risks. Monitors and measures compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Working collaboratively with Citi business/functional line management in recommending, developing and executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Representing Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serving as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Compliance issues and overseeing the implementation of related remediation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to interact, influence, and communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Significant knowledge, expertise, and experience on Anti-Bribery laws, rules, and regulations, including the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act and other anti-bribery regulatory regimes, is required, including experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Bribery Compliance programs
- Anti-Bribery experience at a large financial services firm is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
- Excellent at navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Excellent at acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; Anti-Bribery experience and subject matter expertise is required; previous experience managing a diverse staff Preferred:
Advanced degree (e.g., JD, MBA) a plus Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Compliance Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting