APAC Equities Controls & Risk COO / Business Manager - Hong Kong
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Having responsibilities assisting the senior management defining, establishing and implementing strategies across the Equities Investment Banking businesses, along with designing and the rolling out of key initiatives, whilst promoting a control environment. You will also be representing the division regionally and globally in key risk and control forums. Plus accurately performing risk control assessments and control read-across of regulatory fines in the APAC region. Your ability to challenge the norm and continued improvement of existing control and governance framework in line with regulatory expectations be important for the success of this role, whilst leading and improving the Front Office Supervisory management and execution coordination. You will be show casing the team in Firm global regulatory and control initiatives, which impacts Markets, along with your ability in leading project working groups.
Equally ensuring the businesses' operations are conducted accurately and efficiently daily, whilst acting as an intermediary and building relationships between the Business Heads, Business COOs as well as key Corporate functions will be key. Of equal importance will be defining and delivering the control & governance framework within which the business operates. Along with being a key teammate when taking care of regulatory authorities, incident investigations and critical issues, including preparing materials, co-ordination with key partners and ability to address regulatory/audit/compliance issues with expedience. Your future colleagues
You being part of the Investment Bank division, having responsibilities on our growing Equities division within the Equities COO/Business Management team. Our team is dedicated, results oriented, hardworking, proactive, collaborative, and forward-looking. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
- 5+ years of relevant business experience with a global investment banking, strategy consulting firm or brokerage business in control/risk/COO/business management function.
- A deep understanding of Markets businesses generally and knowledge of Products and/or HK regulations relating to Equities Trading/Sales an advantage.
- Strong project management and presentational skills with the ability to clearly define & articulate business performance & strategy.
- An ability to learn quickly with an investigative mindset, thinking ahead, finding answers and being engaging in growing with the ability to see issues at a high level and in detail.
- Excellent attention to details, problem solving, analytical, numerical and technical skills, along with a strong awareness of controls plus governance.
- Being self-motivated and a self-starter, having a good work ethic, ability to independently analyze business requirements and determine the appropriate course of action without direct management assistance.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to work within a diverse team environment and negotiate practical solutions across various functions and levels of seniority.
- Instant credibility, showing your hardworking and dedication in having the drive and determination to be successful in a high-performance culture with constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Good commercial acumen, interpersonal and problem solving skills with excellent written plus verbal abilities in English, with Chinese Cantonese or Chinese Mandarin advantageous but not essential.
- Being highly motivated, driven, a team collaborator, along with you loving working in a dynamic work environment.
- Your ability working in Hong Kong and within a diverse team environment, cross collaborating with connected teams regionally and globally.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.