APAC Market Derivatives Lawyer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Credit Suisse's Asia Pacific Markets ("APAC Markets") Legal team is seeking a full-time lawyer who would provide legal support to various APAC Markets businesses with a focus on structured products and OTC derivatives. The successful candidate will work closely with the APAC Markets business units, other internal and external lawyers, and other internal functions (such as compliance, risk, treasury, disclosure team) in assessing and mitigating legal, regulatory and documentation risks related to these businesses.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Advising internal business associates on the legal and regulatory issues that may arise in connection with (i) the issuance of listed and privately placed notes linked to various asset classes; (ii) distribution of such financial products via private banks and other distributors in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Taiwan, mainland China and other Asian jurisdictions; and (iii) OTC derivatives with global counterparties;
- Negotiating distribution agreements, QDII investment agreements, Taiwan master-agent distribution agreements
- Instructing external counsel
- Coordinating with stock exchanges and regulators within the APAC region
- Drafting and/or commenting on transaction documents (e.g. term sheet, final terms, confirmations, etc.) for various types of structured products and OTC derivatives
- Contributing to the maintenance of various product programmes, including Hong Kong equity-linked instruments and warrants programmes and participation note programme, and establishing new issuance programmes
- Advising on the sale and distribution of structured products through electronic trading platforms
- Advising business units on product and distributor approvals required pursuant to the bank's internal product approval policies.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 3+ years' work experience in the structured products space within a leading law firm or a leading investment bank
- Ability to identify, assess and summarize legal and regulatory risks
- A creative and strategic thinker with the ability to influence, build trusted relationships with clients and team members, deal constructively with conflict, take decisions independently in situations requiring quick analysis and adapt to fast-paced environment involving multiple and simultaneous issues and transactions
- You are ambitious, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.