APAC Trade Risk Head
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) Overview:
TTS provides a range of trade, cash, and commercial card solutions to corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations around the world. TTS global platform is unique in the industry for its global reach and flexibility. Combined with a worldwide network of dedicated and experienced professionals, TTS is well suited to serve clients anywhere they do business. TTS as a business has revenues totaling $10bn, deposits of $600bn, OSUC of $125bn and Clearing facilities of $950bn.
The TTS Risk Management team is a subset of Transaction Services Risk Management, which consists of a core group of risk professionals who develop, design and implement active risk management strategies for the entire TTS business end to end. This encompasses credit, structure, operational as well as proactive portfolio management. TTS Trade Risk Management partners with Credit, Operations, Technology, Compliance and Legal to proactively risk manage the TTS Portfolio. The TTS Risk team functions out of the U.S., U.K., Mexico, Peru, Hong Kong, Singapore and has the support of an analyst team in Mumbai. Key Responsibilities:
The APAC Trade Risk Head role risk manages the APAC Trade business as the primary second line of defense. This role will partner with other ICG Risk groups including, Industry and Regional core credit teams, remedial management, operational risk, new product approval committees as well as other control functions. He or She will be a senior contact for the TTS Trade Business and ICG Risk seniors in the APAC region. Regional Responsibility for Trade Risk:
- $20+ billion APAC Trade portfolio: Trade Products include Trade Loans, Receivables Finance, Payables Finance, Trade Services, and Structured Trade products
- Trade transactional approvals including participation in the Global Deal Review approval as well as Risk Acceptance Criteria exception approval processes
- Trade regional and country portfolio reviews: participate in portfolio reviews with Global and Regional Trade heads, Global Trade Risk Head as well as other stakeholders to ensure the APAC Trade Portfolio is appropriately risk managed
- Product Program oversight/approvals: Local Country Addenda to Global Trade Product Programs as well as Global Trade Loan product oversight
- Participate in Product Strategy sessions and provide inputs on risk/macro themes and direction as well as assess structure, operational, technology, and franchise risks for new offerings
- Devise and direct risk mitigation solutions and actions to minimize potential credit and/or operational losses and ensure no concentrations from new and/or existing Trade offerings
- Cost of Credit review and oversight for the APAC Trade portfolio; coordinate with regional/country product managers and finance to understand and estimate cost of credit impacts from stressed situations or scenario analysis.
- Drive APAC Trade Risk projects and presentations or event driven analysis as well as lead some Global Trade Risk initiatives
- Participate in New Product Approval Committee or Complex Solution Review initiatives as the Trade Risk representative and approver for new product rollouts or expansions
- Facilitate the development of a strong risk culture within the TTS Trade Business
Job Family Group:
- Senior Credit Officer (preferred) or Credit Officer (required) designation
- 8 years or more of credit related experience within or outside of Citi
- Superior risk assessment skills, including problem recognition, defining and structuring of solutions to credit related issues; strong technical skills
- Sufficient knowledge of Trade Products: Payables Finance, Receivable Finance, Trade loans, Trade Services, Structured Trade Securitizations, etc.
- General knowledge of legal documentation, macro-economics, cross border risks, market risks, operational risks
- Demonstrated integrity, ability to exercise sound, timely and independent judgment, and ability to balance risk and reward
- Strong leadership skills and ability to execute effectively and deliver high quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, who is proactive, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Education level: Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting