AVP Functional Learning Strategies
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description
As a thought leader and learning expert, you will partner with Manulife's functional learning teams and executive sponsors to consult on and integrate Global learning programs, practices and technology throughout the global footprint. As part of the Learning leadership team, you will contribute to strategy, measurements and communications, including reporting and briefing materials.
The AVP Functional Learning Strategies is an integral part of the Global Learning COE team responsible for partnering with the business lines to drive our comprehensive learning strategy and build a culture of continuous learning. Working closely with other members of the Learning COE, and senior leaders with the business lines, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative education initiatives, recommending platforms and vendors aimed at modernizing the current learning and development programs and identifying new learning opportunities for colleagues across the organization, You will use your experience in learning and development to come up with new ideas and training techniques to get colleagues more involved and aware of the learning opportunities that we offer them.
This role will interact at all levels of the company, which will require strong, flexible communication and influence skills and will manage other learning professionals and vendor relationships.
Who We Want
- Work closely with the Functional and Distribution learning partners throughout our various businesses and segments to integrate global leadership and future focused skills training into the functional learning plans where appropriate.
- Lead the Learning Community of Practice of over 200 learning professionals across the organization to insure a consistent and strong learning experience for all employees
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and formats to include learning in the flow of work into the functional learning programs. Work with the functions to digitize and modernize learning programs.
- Directly supervises the Local learning leads, developing them and and ensuring they receive feedback, that their development plans are in place, and that the team is motivatd to achieve the business unit and segment objectives.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness and impact of learning and development programs to create a culture of continuous learning. Provide periodic reports to senior management regarding the status, completion and impact of functional programs.
- Working with Corporate Communications, create internal marketing/communications plan for new and ongoing learning programs.
- Leverage analytics and people insights to design impactful programs to drive growth.
- Collaborate with other HR teams in identifying individual, group and organizational development opportunities by defining, developing, implementing and evaluating strategies and programs to drive business goals and priorities forward.
- Empower employees, managers and leaders to feel ownership of their professional and personal growth through impactful programming and delivery of programs, toolkits and other resources.
- Manages the Learning Council engagement
- Lead and manage Manulife's HR Partner Development program
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in learning and education
- At least 5 years of experience in the Financial Services industry preferred.
- A proven track record of Learning and Development leadership roles, preferably in global organizations
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a Associates Degree is required.
- Previous consulting experience and strong influence skills a plus.
- Strong instructional design skills with a bias to identifying new and difference learning modalities.
- Experience with various learning and development technologies and modalities, including Learning management systems and learner experience platforms.
- Training or project management Certification in learning, project management, coaching or instructional design a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including online and facilitator led instructional design, collaborative and presentation skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and follow up skills when presented with multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with senior colleagues and other COEs and HR areas to ensure the design of aligned, scalable and integrated solutions.
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .