A Career with Hang Seng
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Hang Seng's Retail Distribution focuses on personal wealth management and financial services. Our one-stop wealth management initiatives are designed for both our affluent and mass integrated account customers. With more than 290 branches and automated banking centres, including around 60 Prestige Banking Centres for our high-end personal customers, we serve over half of the adult population in Hong Kong while offering an extensive range of products to our valued customers.
Could you find your future in your present?
Through our new Accelerating Wealth Programme (AWP), we are supporting you to become our Relationship Managers of the future.
The AWP prioritises transferable skills over experience and qualifications and enables you to kick-start an exciting career in our fast growth Wealth business, irrespective of your professional background.
Building on your transferable skills, the AWP will support you to develop the wealth and client skills required to succeed as a Customer Relationship Manager. With the full support of the bank, you will gain the qualifications and develop the technical skills required for the role. On completion of the programme, you’ll be a qualified Relationship Manager, where you’ll playing a key role in helping our clients to grow, manage and preserve their wealth.
You can find out more about the programme and the eligibility requirements at https://www.hangseng.com/en-hk/about/careers/our-business/
Come on this exciting journey with us and accelerate your future.
- This is a client-facing role where professionalism, client focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of financial planning are critical to your success.
- Working with branch colleagues and direct teams, you’ll manage an active portfolio of clients. You’ll regularly review your clients’ portfolios of financial products to ensure they are suitable to meet their needs and, by means of your proactive approach and ability to add value and secure their loyalty.
- You’ll review your existing clients’ financial needs and optimize new business opportunities and acquire new clients by understanding their financial needs and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor. Looking for opportunities to conduct wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities required to achieve your goals.
- You’ll consistently deliver high standards of personalized service for your clients to build and maintain good relationships.
- You’ll refer your client needs to another team as appropriate if the client request is outside your service offering.
- You’ll ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan.
- In delivering the business objectives you’ll maintain the levels of operational integrity required by the bank and observe relevant policies/guidelines and compliance requirement. You’ll create and maintain an environment and relationships where you and the wider team to maximise performance in achieving the business objectives.
You’ll need to demonstrate the following transferable skills required for the role:
- Connectivity: Maximising the impact of building new and effective working relationships across Hong Kong and GBA
- Communicating with Impact: Applying the core principles that underpin all forms of communication.
- Growth Mindset: Growth mindset is the personal belief that skills and abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. A growth mindset is viewing setbacks and failures as building blocks, feedback and insight for future success. Growth mindset is the belief of “not yet.” Through practice, overcoming challenges, and a focus on learning, goals can be obtained with a growth mindset.
- Data Literacy: Ability to interpret, understand and communicate data as information.
- Critical Thinking: Identifying how to break down complex problem or issue into smaller components, using right questioning techniques to identify root causes and arrive at solutions.
- Design Thinking: Ways of thinking outside the box, for e.g. introducing new and innovative ideas to solve a problem or bring in efficiency.
- High level of customer centricity mindset and ability to manage complex interactions effectively
- University level education is an advantage OR
- HKCEE / HKDSE (with at least passes in Chinese and Mathematics OR English and Mathematics at Grade E / Level 2 / "Attained" or above) plus relevant work experience
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.