We are actively seeking a talented and experienced Acceptance Testing Analyst / QA Engineer to join our APAC Project & Business Development Team, headquartered in Hong Kong. The team engages in a wide range of subjects with an overall goal of identifying & delivering solutions that will generate business growth, improve client experience, and resolve problem areas for existing business.
- Review all market- and client-facing software releases impacting Hong Kong clients to:
- Ensure requirements have been clearly documented
- Validate that sufficient testing has been performed & results recorded
- Engage programming teams & delivery contributors to clarify any questions or flag if there is a deficiency
- Perform & document first-hand testing, where appropriate/necessary
- Create bugs or enhancement recommendations to resolve functional issues and to ensure a smooth and satisfactory client experience
- Maintain a complete record of the relevant releases and testing performed
- Contribute to the delivery of the teams’ projects by:
- Actively participating in solution design/validation discussions to flag scenarios that should be considered
- Capturing existing workflows to support requirement gathering and wireframing
- Highlighting known releases that perform desired functions and could be used to support a projects solution
- Drafting test plans to support deliveries
- Configuring test accounts, systems & scenarios to support test plans and engaging programming teams for support, when needed.
- Performing CI, QA, alpha PROD or PROD tests of the project teams deliveries
- Raising any bugs identified and follow up with delivery managers and programming teams to ensure the bugs are prioritized and addressed.
- Escalate blockers preventing the completion of testing or causing delays
- Ensure the testing queue is completed in a timely manner & regularly prioritized
- Proactively identify & gain access to environments, systems or configurations required to complete the queued testing
- Create new & manage a library of test accounts required to perform regional testing
- Make recommendations to improve the testing process & the practices of upstream contributors
- Engage other testing teams globally to knowledge share & identify best practices
- Contribute to the testing procedure development & testing templates
- Manage the tools & processes required to support the testing function within the team:
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
- Proven experience in software QA and user acceptance testing
- 2+ years in Brokerage and/or Financial Service preferred
- Programming skills and experience with databases would be advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with the confidence to engage colleagues throughout the organization
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, follow-through and results-oriented
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work at a fast pace both independently and as part of a team
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s, Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more).
You will be part of a team not only building one of the world’s strongest trading and brokerage brands, but also that uses technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Excellent health benefits
- Daily company-paid lunch
- Training opportunities with option for Education reimbursement