Account Manager, GSAM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To manage designated Problem Accounts and other accounts specifically assigned to GSAM Hong Kong (both CIB + CB + PvB).
- To assist GSAM Senior Account Managers represent with the management of Special Assets such as to protect the Bank's interest in complex Group and multi-lender restructuring / recovery actions by using strong influencing skills.
- To manage the potential risk from litigation, regulatory and other claims and to negotiate personally in complex situations.
- To evaluate and make judgements on the credit risks of applications as required, and to assume personal responsibility for particular accounts.
- To deal with external and internal stakeholders and develop robust workable relationships with them.
- To formulate account strategies and action plans.
- To make recommendations about impairment provision on the designated Problem Accounts.
- To be well versed in relevant law & regulations to provide guidance in legal issues.
- To maintain a broad business knowledge and to structure creative solutions.
- To comply with all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and · procedures.
- To ensure that forecasts on Loan Impairment Provision are accurate and timely.
- To ensure that lessons learned from bad debt/problem loan experiences as shared in Hong Kong and on a Group wide basis.
- To ensure that the risks arising from litigation, environmental claims, regulatory censure or potential reputational loss in regard to Early Alert Accounts and Problem Accounts are minimized.
- To ensure compliance with Group and Local policies, procedures and codes, including anti-money laundering.
- To ensure compliance with Local Laws and Regulations that the Risk Function have Risk Control ownership, as defined in the Operational Risk Framework.
- Strong negotiation, managerial and organizational skills to manage the accounts.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with professional integrity in order to command respect / credibility in situations involving conflicting interests (internal and external).
- Tertiary academic qualification and/or extensive practical know-how in accounting, finance and banking practice and theory.
- Significant experience in the banking industry, with sound knowledge of risks involved in lending; particularly corporate lending.
- Sound practical and technical knowledge of laws relating to bankers' rights, corporate finance, security documentation and realization, appropriate Corporate Law, receivership, bankruptcy and winding up.
- Ability to resolve conflicts, manage crises and solve problems, withstand pressure, work efficiently, set priorities and organize management time among numerous accounts needing urgent attention simultaneously, with initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, analytical ability, energy and determination to execute and win.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing, and to conduct meetings (often in hostile/confrontational circumstances and/or at very Senior Corporate / Bank levels) and focus to relevant issues.
- An ability and willingness to exercise initiative, make decisions, exercise responsibility and accept accountability for actions taken / decisions made.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.