Account Officer, APAC Finance
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Captiare Limited
- 08 Dec 18
Our client, a Tier 1 Corporate and Investment bank is looking for an Account Officer to join the APAC Finance team. This role will be responsible to ensure all financial reports adhere to Bank's accounting standards and contribute to the overall accounting controls frameworks, by being responsible for implementing operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Produce quarterly BSL and Maturity Ladder based on contractual maturities and in accordance with the Bank’s compendium and timeline.
- Perform analysis to explain variances across quarters to Group Liquidity Reporting Program and investigate any accounting liquidity gaps.
- Work closely with Treasury team to implement controls and consistency checks between BSL and Liquidity Gap.
- Support controls set up, enhancement, and process redesign as needed. Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including Finance, Project and Treasury to ensure feasibility on liquidity data sourcing development and sufficient challenge has taken place for data quality.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Investigating and resolving Liquidity to GL reconciliations breaks
- Project implementation especially control set up, enhancement or process redesign
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Qualified Accountant with 2 years of experience in finance/accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge on front to back operation processes within an investment bank.
- System oriented and comfortable managing the operation of an integrated information system.
- Ability to think creatively and laterally with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong command over Excel and VBA, experience in Alteryx application is a plus.
- Fluent English and Chinese