Accountant / Assistant Manager, DPP Accounting
The accounting team of KPMG's Department of Professional Practice (DPP) is responsible for establishing the Firm's technical positions on financial reporting issues and developing intellectual resources to support the consistent performance of quality engagements. DPP's major activities include responding to consultations, performance of pre-issuance reviews and development and/or review of technical materials and related training on financial reporting topics. It also interacts with international and local standard setters and regulators, as appropriate, on financial reporting matters.
KPMG is currently seeking an Accountant or Assistant Manager, to join the accounting team of Department of Professional Practice. Responsibilities
- Keep up-to-date on latest financial reporting developments and assist with providing feedback to standard setters
- Conduct research, perform analysis, and assist in development of technical guidance and tools and identification of emerging issues
- Assist in the development of internal and external training materials, and the review of training material for technical accuracy
- Assist in the maintenance of DPP-Accounting portal site and other information systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university and completion of all accountancy qualification exams preferred
- Minimum one year of recent audit experience, preferably with a large audit firm
- Working knowledge of Hong Kong and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (HK/IFRSs), with demonstrated passion for contributing to audit quality improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to research accounting issues in a wide variety of topics under HK/IFRSs
- Strong business awareness and an ability to identify accounting issues arising from commercial transactions
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task and self-confidence to work collaboratively and independently in a culture-rich and fast-changing environment
Appropriate job title is given based on work experience assessment.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.