Actuarial Assistant Manager - HSBC Life
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Actuarial Assistant Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Support insurance's new product, business and investment initiatives as the subject matter expert
- Support local entities to identify high risks area, provide insightful analysis and commentary on business performance and financial reports and make recommendations where appropriate
- Work collaboratively with delivery partners and subject matter experts to design and optimization reengineering of existing reporting workflows
- Work collaboratively with IFRS 17 team to support for implementation of IFRS 17.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- The jobholder must have in depth knowledge of life and retirement industry and products; solid understanding of the regulatory environment and economic conditions in Hong Kong and the region, high professional and ethical standards, strong problem solving skills and business sense and strong communication skills.
- The jobholder is frequently required to coordinate and interact with other HSBC group entities and other internal departments as well as external parties, reinsurers and fund managers
- Technical competence and independent judgment is important for this position since it is expected that the jobholder can work with minimal supervision. He or she is also required to provide guidance to his supporting staff during the normal course of work and lead the team to strive for high performance.
- To work independently, analytically and innovatively
- To meet tight deadline as set by the group and regulation without compromising quality
- To be able to explain technically complicated to other group entities in non-technical language
- To keep up to date on the latest development in financial reporting, auditing requirement, regulatory and actuarial techniques
- To be influential to other stakeholders including local actuarial teams and be able to drive best practices
- Continuous review on process and workflow to enhance efficiency and control
- Strong project management skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.