Actuarial Associate, Capital Management and Investment Strategies
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Determine the optimal Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and hedging strategy for PHKL's asset portfolios. Ensure the appropriateness of the SAA given the impending changes in regulatory and financial reporting regimes (HKRBC and IFRS17). Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic asset allocation reviews. Quantify the impact to various financial metrics and draw conclusions from these results.
- Prepare regular asset-liability management (ALM) reports.
- Participate in capital projects by providing financial impact analysis and assist with the implementation of these projects into BAU.
- Support the Investments department with implementing changes in investment strategy
- Support other ad-hoc actuarial analyses where required
- University degree holder majoring in Actuarial Science or related fields.
- Good progress with professional exams in Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, or other equivalent actuarial body.
- 2 years or above relevant experience, candidates with less experience will be considered as actuarial assistant
- Strong knowledge of actuarial mathematics and life insurance products;
- Experience in ALM, valuation, pricing, capital management or investments operations is preferred;
- Familiarity with with-profits products and management practices will be beneficial
- Knowledge in stochastic modelling and Prophet ALS will be an advantage
- Good command of both written and spoken English