- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Actuarial Modelling Services, Assistant Director
Location: Hong Kong
The ERS Insurance team supports the insurance industry through the delivery of award-winning solutions, supporting regulatory compliance, financial reporting, and helping firms to develop deeper business insight.
A key element of our offering is our ability for subject matter experts to engage effectively with our customers on a regular basis. This engagement supports a number of objectives - ensuring customer satisfaction through effective solution delivery and issue resolution, and continuously developing our understanding of customer needs - helping us to establish long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our customers.
As part of the Actuarial Modelling Services team in Hong Kong you will support MA's Asia-based insurance customers. Working within this team, you will act as a key point of contact for MA customers, developing deep, trusted relationships based on your expertise and customer focus, supporting both new sales and existing customers.
Your primary focus will be upon MA's actuarial product suite (including AXIS, Economic Scenario Generator and Proxy Generator), offering an exciting opportunity to develop expertise and become a recognised expert in this products' usage within Asia.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with existing customers of the MA actuarial products, providing expert support and service that ensures that they get maximum benefit from our actuarial product suite. This will involve relationship management, problem solving and knowledge transfer (both through day-day interactions and through specific training), with a primary focus on quantitative modelling and actuarial calculations.
- Working with product management & development teams to identify the product enhancements required to improve customer experience, increase usage and ultimately drive sales growth for our actuarial products. To achieve this, you will take responsibility for understanding customer needs, working with product development teams to develop candidate solutions, acting as a liason between product development teams and the customer to manage the relationship and process and ensure positive.
- Working with our sales teams to engage with prospective customers, acting as the subject matter expert throughout the sales process. In doing so you will communicate product capabilities, for example through demonstration and 'proof of concept', address customers' modelling challenges & concerns, developing solutions as required to win the customer's confidence in MA solutions.
- Delivering services projects to customers, as required to support effective application of MA products to 'real life' insurance risk and financial modelling challenges. This will include use of the MA actuarial modelling solutions in the following areas:
- Configuring solutions for clients and working with them to implement our solutions.
- Working with our modelling operation team to configure bespoke content services
- Development and advisory projects with regard to bespoke modelling and calibration services
- Acting as a key point of contact with customers, communicate internally on status of customer relationship, involving colleagues from other departments (Sales, Product management, Research,..) and driving action as appropriate to meet customer needs.
- Engaging with key stakeholders across our research and product development teams to represent our client 'voice' in the development of our software and content solutions. Representing users in User Acceptance Testing of new product releases
ERS / Insurance
- Undergraduate degree in highly quantitative subject (financial mathematics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Knowledge of insurance and/or asset management industries gained through experience in a relevant financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company or consulting firm) or through formal qualifications (Actuarial, CFA)
- Understanding of actuarial modelling and calculation methodology, including deterministic and stochastic approaches to reserving, capital calculation, projection, etc.
- Experience of using the Moody's Analytics ESG/PG/AXIS (or similar products) is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the appetite and ability to communicate and work effectively with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Efficient approach to problem solving
- Can be relied upon to hit deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Willingness to innovate and discuss ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds and at all levels
- Open to using new methodologies
- Dedicated to customer focus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.