Actuarial Specialist, HK Corporate Actuarial
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products and services daily. We believe in the value of empowering our Actuarial Specialist
with the resources to enhance and achieve our business performance objectives for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
IFRS 17 will be effective from 1 January 2023. HK Corporate Actuarial, in conjunction with the IFRS 17 Asia team, is preparing for the policy development, model implementation and transition for IFRS 17.
This role will support the policy development and system implementation for the Hong Kong business unit, participate in impact analyses and investigations initiated by Group and Regional Actuarial and provide the information necessary for local senior management to understand and assess the implications of certain policy decisions. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Degree holder with professional actuarial qualifications such as ASA, FSA, FIA or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' of relevant working experience in insurance industry.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to work with complex financial issues and concepts.
- Strong technical/modeling skills, knowledge or experience in Microsoft Access, FoxPro, VBA and AXIS is an asset
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and relationship skills.
- Always demonstrate initiatives and commitment, and able to work independently.
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting requests from various parties.
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written.
Our commitment to you:
- Support Hong Kong business unit in performing IFRS 17 impact analysis.
- Support Hong Kong business unit in providing recommendation on IFRS 17 valuation methodology, including planning, development of tools, etc. to support the local business units.
- Collaborate with policy experts in Group and Division to support assessments.
- Support parallel run and other implementation activities through working collaboratively and communicate effectively with various areas such as such as finance, capital management, pricing and product development, etc.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
#LI-RC49 Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .