At AIA we've started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
It's about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. We need great Actuaries who want to be part of something bigger than finance alone. Because the better we can nurture our financial wellbeing as an organisation, the better we can support and make a difference for our customers when they need us most. By ensuring our products are well designed and priced, analysing business performance and ensuring proper management of insurance policies in-force, you're not just safeguarding AIA's financial wellbeing. You're securing a better future for the people and communities we serve - today, tomorrow and for generations to come. If that interests you, read on. About the Role
Produce the actuarial valuation and analysis for financial reporting under EV Reporting, responsible to produce the financial KPIs for EV/VONB metrics, business plan and regular forecasting to assist the financial management. Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Actuarial Valuation: Perform EV and VONB financial reporting on regular basis, and deliver timely and high quality deliverables; Support the detailed analysis and assist in identifying the underlying key drivers for the financial results; Support manager in the auditor engagement for financial reporting
- Financial Projection: Assist in preparing the annual budget exercise and performing regular forecast on financial KPIs to support managers in financial management for meeting Group's financial objectives
- Process & Controls: Ensure best practice for process & controls, maintain clearly documented audit trail of actuarial valuations including data, models, assumptions and analysis to support the delivery of accurate financial results
- Process Enhancement: Support the continuous improvement in reporting process, including enhancement in systems, tools, process and controls
- Ad-hoc Analysis: Perform the ad-hoc analysis or impact assessment requested by management to understand the financial implications
- University / College graduate in Actuarial Science, Mathematics and Statistics or related subject with at least 2 years' experience in life insurance industry
- Good progress in Actuarial professional examination
- Sound analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to deal with and handle multiple priorities
- Experience and knowledge in insurance product and actuarial reporting work.
- Proficiency in actuarial software, e.g. Prophet is an advantage
- You are required to obtain the relevant license(s) if your job involves regulated activities
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.