Algorithmic Trading Developer - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Algorithmic Trading Developer
. Principal responsibilities
- Work as part of a collaborative, global team building and improving HSBC's next generation, in house algorithmic trading platform.
- Work closely with the front office trading and product teams to ensure that business requirements are understood fully and delivered on time.
- Building a scalable and highly available algorithmic trading platform across Asia
- Making strategic decisions that affect the design and architecture of this platform
- Working closely with the front office trading and product teams to ensure fast and accurate delivery of new functionality and improvements
- Liaising with local compliance and other risk and control teams to ensure full compliance with the letter and spirit of all relevant regulatory guidelines and requirements
- Constant communication with the larger global team collaborative development, reviews and strategic decision making
- Being part of an equities wide initiative to build out the next generation of HSBC's execution platform
- Delivering timely, robust solutions for a demanding, pan Asian business
- Engineering the scalability, maintainability and performance necessary to handle the business ambitious growth plans
- Improving and enhancing the firm's ability to identify and manage risk
- The candidate will work in a highly collaborative, team centric environment but also be proactive and self-motivating. As is necessary for any global team, the candidate is expected to accommodate reasonable requests for morning or evening meetings with team members in other regions. Some amount of production support is necessary. Some travel to key business hubs may be required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Have expert level, applied Java experience including the JVM, garbage collection, data structures and non locking IO
- Have solid, applied experience with Scala development or be willing to learn fast
- Possess deep knowledge of equities trading including the order lifecycle, FIX messaging and Asian markets
- Understand the design and architecture of robust, scalable and highly available distributed trading platforms
- Be a passionate advocate for technology, technological solutions and continuous improvement
- Understand risk, risk management and the role technology plays in this highly regulated environment
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and an excellent communicator
- Hands on experience with algorithmic trading and low latency such as sub micro execution platforms
- Zero GC architectures
- Micro benchmarking
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Knowledge of PTP and packet capture based latency monitoring
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.