Alternatives Client Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Alternatives Client Manager to support the business development, relationship management and client service needs of our alternatives clients across Asia with a focus on private equity. This individual will work closely with the Asia Pacific Client Group to understand each client's long term investment objectives and policy issues and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the client, with the goal of delivering a level of service that will exceed the client's expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice. The role will be based in Hong Kong.
The Alternatives Client Manager will be focusing day to day on alternatives clients and prospects across the region.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Act as an effective investment representative and an advisor of the firm's alternative capabilities with a focus on private equity to prospects & clients across Asia
- Lead marketing efforts and roadshows by explaining investment processes and complex portfolios to institutional and distribution clients
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the alternatives landscape; contribute to the development of the marketing strategy
- Collaborate with other functional areas to address client and prospect issues, concerns, and opportunities
- Educate and consult with internal colleagues, clients and consultants on the markets, complex portfolios, and potential client solutions
- Develop investment content to aid in differentiating and positioning strategies relative to competitors
The successful candidate will possess good working knowledge of the alternatives landscape with emphasis on private markets, as well as the local client base across all or part of APAC. Interest in the business of investment management, desire to work in a team-based and collaborative environment, and an analytical/problem-solving orientation are required. Sound business judgment and strong written and oral communication skills are also a must.
Additional qualifications for this role include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within the asset management sector, ideally with exposure to private equity
- Direct experience building and managing private investment client relationships
- Degree qualified with a strong academic background
- Focus on details
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good sense of humor with a 'can do' attitude
- CFA charter or progress towards a CFA or CAIA is a plus
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English with Chinese and/or other Asian language skills an added advantage
Alternatives Client Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .