Analyst/Associate, Corporate Strategy & Development
Description About this role
BlackRock's Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for assessing and executing corporate acquisitions, investments and partnerships based on BlackRock's strategic priorities. This role is based in Hong Kong and the team member will be part of the APAC team focusing on the firm's regional corporate strategy and development efforts. Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management and business unit leaders to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals including (but not limited to); market entry strategies, business prioritization, and assessing strategic investments
- Evaluate business and corporate opportunities regionally and globally, including acquisitions, strategic investments and partnerships / alliances
- Support specific strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of the long-term firm strategy
- Communicate strategic priorities and execution plans across the firm via presentations, meetings, written communications, etc.
- Work closely with the Finance and Regional Executive teams to provide periodic updates on business / regional performance and strategy
An ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Unparalleled exposure to senior leadership of BlackRock at the regional and global level, including opportunity to participate in wider leadership activities
- Potential development to broader leadership role within Corporate Strategy & Development
- Proven track record of people migrating from Corporate Strategy & Development into elevated roles within various BlackRock business functions
- A passionate interest in exploring and understanding financial markets and the asset management industry
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- An ability to work as a team player, accept substantial individual responsibility, and proactively create value for the team
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience, most likely in asset management, investment banking, or consulting
- Familiarity with financial modeling and valuation, financial statement analysis, and due diligence, and/or demonstrated interest in improving these skills
- Familiarity with the M&A deal process and strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to work independently and clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
- Fluency in English, with local language skills for Asian markets a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.