The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform independent review to ensure documentations and SOW corroborations of individual and non-individual client are sufficient and in case complex or multiple layer non-individual client to unwrap the structure to identify the documentations requirement for KYC purpose dictated by Group CDD procedures and AML Ordinance.
- Accountable for the review of Private Bank account documents, SOW and related corroborations on account opening, Trigger Review, client profile amendments including individual account, corporate account and Trust Account for onshore and offshore clients.
- To review the completeness, accuracy and consistency of account documents and SOW corroborations to ensure adherence to the Group Client Due Diligence Policy, investment sales policies, U.S. tax requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Initiate / Support to liaise with relevant parties, e.g. Platform Managers, Operational Risk, Compliance and Chennai Hub, etc in streamlining existing processes to maximize productivity and efficiency in PvB.
- To review client signing arrangement appointment and to identify the control gaps due to special signing arrangement request for management's review.
- Analysis the gaps and provide reports to management and Operations Risk on the outstanding gap items and liaise with Frontline to close the gaps.
- To provide constructive advices to PvB Frontline on the enquiries related to account opening documentations and client profile amendments.
- Ensure proper approval has been obtained before account opening according to the Group CDD procedure.
- Ensure prior approval has been granted by PvB Compliance and PvB Business for AML / AOD gap item(s).
- To prepare and maintain Desk Operating Instructions (DOI) for related account opening processes.
- As the gate keeper to ensure up-to-date risk disclosure form and KYIR are delivered to client.
- Responsible for the preparation of regular and ad hoc management report.
- Adhere to the agreed CST and deliver sample documents for CST.
- Ensure client information in CuPID is correct at account opening.
Role Specific Technical Competencies About Standard Chartered
- 3 years of experience and knowledge on documentation and CDD requirements on account opening, PR, Trigger Review, client profile amendment and legal requirements for account maintenance and account opening for both onshore and offshore accounts.
- Interpersonal skills - communicating effectively in spoken and writing and provide value adding advice to others, influencing effectively.
- Knowledge of Bank's product, services, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirement in the banking industry.
- Awareness of risk and controls, and the ability to identify and resolve any control issues that may arise.
- Experience in bank operations, risk control or account opening review.
- Knowledge on company formation and maintenance.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers