Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Hang Seng Investment Management Limited
Established in 1993, Hang Seng Investment Management Limited ("HSVM") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank Limited, and is one of the largest Hong Kong homegrown asset management companies. HSVM specializes in Hong Kong and China markets and is committed to offering retail and institutional investors with a comprehensive range of investment products including ETFs, index tracking funds, actively-managed equities and fixed income funds, retirement funds, as well as institutional and corporate portfolios.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Analyst, Fixed Income. Principal responsibilities
- Conduct both top down macroeconomic research and bottom up credit research
- Provide updates on key credit events in the markets and companies
- Provide necessary support to Fund Managers in managing designated fixed income funds
- Contribute to the investment process and recommend investment ideas
- Work closely with the Product Specialist team and Sales team to support asset growth and client servicing
- Adhere with stringent monitoring procedures and highest standard of compliance
- University degree in Finance or a related discipline. CFA designation preferable.
- Around 3-5 years of relevant investment and/or research experience in Asian fixed income markets in reputable and established financial institutions. Relevant experience in portfolio management is a plus.
- More experienced candidates might be considered as Assistant Fund Manager, Fixed Income.
- Capable of independently conducting thorough credit research and writing research reports.
- Decent knowledge in financial modelling
- Keen to develop his/her career in portfolio management over the long term.
- Solid knowledge of investment compliance and risk management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to work independently under pressure
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective client servicing
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Chinese and Mandarin
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.