Analyst, Project Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Skillset
- Business Analyst with background in process documentation
- Project management
- Automation and process re-engineering
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders and across teams from IMO, Hub and frontline
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager
- Lead business analysis for clearly identifying requirements and translating them into tangible outcomes
- Analyse processes and activities to identify and drive process efficiencies and automation across IMO
- Mitigating and resolving risks and issues which may impair delivery
- Understanding of Client Onboarding and Servicing lifecycle and front to back functions
- Develop documentation for automation initiatives
- Create End-to-End process maps and Value Stream Maps (VSM) for identifying strategic priorities for further improvements in key processes
- Conduct data analysis to derive and track the automation or initiative benefits to the bank
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders and find creative solutions to complex BAU issues
- Ability to independently work with the business stakeholders/ request providers to understand the project scope and requirements and translate them into work breakdown structure as part of the project deliverables
- Ability to support and coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT), liaise with technology teams to ensure deliverables are tracked to actual requirements
- Support the requirements and delivery of change initiatives / enhancements for IMO globally
- Engage with stakeholders across countries globally on requirements and deliverables
People and Talent
- Supports and contribute to a consultative, collaborative, and risk-based approach towards addressing identified risk issues
- Support the development of a culture of open and transparent engagement across teams
- Facilitate a "zero operational loss" and "first time right" culture by servicing as a subject matter expert in areas of responsibility
- Provide effective orientation /guidance to new Joiners on the bank's policies/procedures/processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Channel relevant risks, issues, and escalations to the correct forums on a timely basis; provide risk control and process owners the relevant information to facilitate decision-making and risk management
- Support the development of a compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring through the Operational Risk Framework
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
- Ensure all activities are done in line with the laid down Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) / Roles & Responsibilities and other procedures that are rolled out from time to time. Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations
- Ensure all internal policies and procedures are implemented with the group policies, local legal and regularity guidelines
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the team and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Build awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Deliver 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow colleagues effectively; and willingness to work with regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CCIB COO teams
- IMO Country Heads
- IMO Regional Heads
- IMO Network Globally
- Global / Country CCIB Business / Front office
- CCIB HR
- GBS Hubs
- CFCC - Global / Regional
- CCIB Risk Committees
- Group Internal Audit
- CCIB Operational Risk
- Client Lifecycle Design & Management (CLDM)
- Embedding Here for good and the Group's brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team
Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of Client Onboarding, Documentation & Control
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, comfortable with facing off senior stakeholders
- Experience with relevant exposure to Project Management, Business Analysis & Process Improvement in financial services domain
- Ability to work independently and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines
- Analytical and change mindset with problem solving capabilities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Previous experience of large scale transformation in financial services is preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.