This position is responsible for assisting opening of new accounts and providing account maintenance services to customers and conduct customer due diligence checks including but not limited to KYC, FATCA, CRS and ensure that they are performed accurately and in a timely manner for customers with inactive account activities under Japanese Corporate Banking in accordance with the local regulations, relevant legislations and MUFG's internal guidelines and policies.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder management with key stakeholders both within MUFG and externally.
- Contact customers of the department to establish and maintain business relationship and account services and obtain documents and information for customer due diligence.
- Work in partnership with Compliance Department to consult and understand the requirements of various kinds of customer due diligence and to obtain verification on such checks and resolve complex issues related to new account opening to ensure KYC and due diligence checks are in compliance of internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Work in partnership with relationship managers and primary officers in Head Office or domestic branches to obtain documents required for customer due diligence checks.
- Work in partnership with operations department related to account maintenance such as preparing and processing necessary account documents at requests and instructions of customers and in the process of due diligence checks
- Support Relationship Manager or Team Leader of the team by conducting administrative and operational activities in order to develop and maintain customer relationships by contacting primary office and customers in understanding their business and prepare and verify documents for new account opening in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain business relationship with customers and answer their enquiries in timely manner.
- Perform customer due diligence preparation including but not limited to KYC, FATCA, CRS or such other checks as required by regulations in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with the branch procedures and regulatory requirements
- Support the implementation and delivery of improvement initiatives for the team and/or department according to the predetermined schedule
- Maintain good working knowledge of banking and account services, procedures related to account documents and transactions, relevant regulations relating to KYC and customer due diligence
- Desirable to have at least 1+ years of relevant experience, but not mandatory
- Good command in languages both in written and spoken. Japanese language is preferable.
- Experience and knowledge of MUFG rules and procedures, laws, regulations and financial business practices.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal courteously and effectively with others
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.