- The role assists Relationship Managers ("RM") in delivering business results through providing quality information flow plus banking and investments services to clients, and in advising on and executing transactions. Candidate plays a significant role in fulfilling and maintaining all necessary internal control, risk governance, compliance policy, client communication and profiles in order to prevent operational risk event and meet regulators' requirement & standard.
- Provide comprehensive client support services to RMs in executing a broad range of banking and investment transactions for Private Banking clients.
- Provide concise and relevant information flow and execute all client transactional and administrative needs accurately and on a timely basis.
- Handle and resolve day-to-day queries from clients, RMs on transactional activity, operations, systems, account re-balancing processes etc.
- Support RMs to complete sales documentation and related processes (e.g. client profiling / KYC diligence) and input such information together with deal information into data capture and / or transaction processing systems.
- Assist RMs in preparing Business Credit Application, financial review documentation and other customer correspondence as and when required.
- Support RMs in attending to and following up on customer service issues with clients and internal departments, and in all cases report and escalate customer complaints to management in accordance with established procedures. Failure to report and escalate complaints will result in disciplinary action.
- Handle and ensure client document and reporting comply with internal process standards.
- Ensure full awareness of and adherence to the policy and procedures e.g., credit policy and operation procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, highlight suspicious activities/behaviour of clients and staff e.g., account irregularities and alert TL/CA of the suspicious transactions on a timely basis.
- Fully compliant with regulations and Group policies and guidelines, and be able to highlight, mitigate and protect the bank against credit, legal, documentation, repetition and other risks; to conduct business at all times in a compliance-conscious manner and alert to the potential risks of money laundering and other undesirable transactions/activity during and after client on-boarding process.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- RM, RM Team Leader, Senior Client Partner, Market Head, CSM Team Leaders, Head of Client Services and Change Delivery, Operations, COO Office.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- HKMA Relevant Individual Type 1
About Standard Chartered
- Client Service Experience in Banking Industry
- General Banking Knowledge
- Investment and Product Knowledge
- Communication Skill
- Language - Business Communication & Mandarin/Cantonese
- Knowledge of Banking Practices and Regulations
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers