Analyst / Senior Consultant - Financial Services Industry - Risk Advisory
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
. About Risk Advisory
Risk management covers many areas including security and privacy, reputation and control. Our professionals help clients across many industries flag, analyze, evaluate and manage strategic and operational risks while discovering opportunities to create value. If you want to make an impact by helping clients to prevent and manage risk-related issues while creating significant value to their business this may be your chance.
The Hong Kong Financial Services Industry
(FSI) team offers risk advisory services to our clients across the different risk types within the financial services industry, bringing together our professional experience and analytical skills with our understanding of and relationships with clients, regulators and the wider market. Clients we provide risk advisory services to include participants in the banking, securities, insurance and the investment sectors, as well as regulators.
To cope with expanding opportunities within FSI, our Hong Kong Risk Advisory FSI team is seeking talented individuals with the commitment and enthusiasm to succeed to join us as Senior Consultants and Analysts. The openings are highly suited to individuals seeking stimulating challenges and wishing to broaden their professional experience.
Work you'll do:
- Supporting Risk Advisory projects - example activities including drafting high quality project deliverables, research / fact finding and participating in internal or client-facing workshops. Work may take place in a variety of environments, e.g. both within our offices or at client site
- Supporting your engagement manager with day to day project management tasks e.g. updating status reports, co-ordinating actions and writing meeting minutes
- Supporting business development e.g. researching and collecting information, liaising with bid managers and assisting with drafting of proposals
- Conducting research to support both project and non-project work - example topics including but not limited to regulatory trends in Hong Kong and beyond, technology solutions, and risk management tools and methodologies
- Assisting with relationship building activities with key financial services institutions, industry representative bodies and regulatory bodies in Hong Kong and beyond
- Participating in relationship building with the rest of the global Deloitte network through cross-firm engagements and business development opportunities, regional / international eminence activities, staff exchanges, etc.
You are also expected to:
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on tract
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Range of disciplinary backgrounds(arts and sciences) welcome
- Curiosity to build and maintain afamiliarity with the evolving regulatory environment and associatedcomplexities in the context of financial institutions
- Adaptability to complexity andchanging environments and requirements
- Industry experience from one of thefollowing: leading advisory firm, banks, insurance firms, regulators,exchanges, private equity, asset management , credit agencies, brokerage would be an advantage (for non-graduate hires)
- Readiness to work collaborativelywith diverse and multi-disciplinary colleagues and teams, as well as cultural sensitivityand a commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Excellent interpersonal communicationskills, including oral presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken businessEnglish essential; fluency in written Chinese and intermediate to fluent spokenCantonese and Mandarin would be advantages
- Skills in Microsoft PowerPoint,Excel and Word would be an advantage
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN172864