Art Director - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Art Director
. Principal responsibilities
- Ensure team adherence to department guidelines, compliance regulations, policies and procedures regarding content and design through constant communication and regular implementation. Monitor initiatives, including training, and coaching the team leads that are tasked with implementing them
- Bring fresh direction and insight to creative, while maintaining defined design standards
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the GPS business and assigned channels and business areas
- Participate with business partners in developing marketing and communications strategies
- Positions GPS as a consultant and subject matter expert
- Jointly manage high level design jobs with the production managers
- Ensure high quality of work by consistently taking responsibility for own work, reviewing it against quality standards, and consistently seeking to achieve zero quality errors.
- Build the team's ability to provide better service by regularly reporting project concerns and suggesting ways to resolve them, participating in project reviews, preparing production briefs etcetera
- Pursue design excellence by evaluation of work against both creative peers and industry standards
- Evaluate assigned channel or business area collaterals and make proactive recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to the team to achieve monthly delivery performance targets
- Deliver reports to management as needed
- Effectively respond to business partner concerns or questions and high level escalations
- Represent the Design team during client and stakeholder meetings
- Develop professional and harmonious relationships with GPS customers through constant, personal communication aimed at obtaining a clear understanding of the business objectives and situational context of their project requirements
- Enables and promotes collaboration between other workstreams and delivery teams to deliver a more effective solution to clients and stakeholders
- Effectively manage partner expectations regarding design deliverables with zero quality errors
- Contributes in software and hardware budgeting and decision making
- Coordinates with the team trainer in mentoring and assigning training to team members in order to enhance overall team technical and soft skills necessary to become effective designers
- Interview and recruit new members for the team
- Build and maintain team morale, liaise closely with co art directors, lead designers and production managers
- Drive the team to consistently deliver high quality creative work by providing art direction, branding advice and technical guidance, closely monitoring quality standards and assisting the Creative Director in implementing various improvement initiatives
- Review high end work submitted to ensure its quality, strategic, integrity, and appropriate integration
- Adherence to the GPS quality management system commitment through meeting the accuracy and on time delivery targets and ensuring necessary qualification for the role and knowledge of the quality objectives and quality policy.
- To continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensure compliance with all Group, GSC, company and department policies and procedures, constantly updating knowledge and understanding of such, raising questions and concerns with team leads or managers as necessary, and taking personal responsibility for abiding as required.
- Ensure that all activities are in accordance with Compliance standards.
- Assist in the implementation of the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Global Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators Awareness of operational risk associated with the role, in compliance to Sarbanes Oxley Requirements for Group Services Centres, GSC.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Post secondary education either at degree level or relevant professional diploma or certificate
- Sufficient years of experience in a design agency environment or other similar industry is preferable
- Strong leader with high quality standards and excellent organizational skills
- Proven track record conceptualizing and overseeing execution of large campaigns and projects for commercial and corporate brands
- Excellent graphic design, typographic and layout skills
- Web experience is preferred. Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS, and web design principles is required
- Video production experience is preferred. Working knowledge of video creation process from pre to post production
- Interaction Design. Knowledge of emerging interaction technologies such as VR, AR or mixed reality is an advantage
- User centric and customer centric design theory. Experience with user research, rapid prototyping, information architecture, user stories and persona writing is preferred
- Print production experience is preferred. Strong knowledge of print production and colour separation
- Strong in Communication and people skills. Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills excellent people and social skills, able to lead and motivate a team
- Strong focus on simplicity vs complexity in both communicating and translating briefs into designs
- Able to generate and consistently provide innovative and creative ideas, working within corporate guidelines but challenging brief provided and questioning traditional approaches as necessary
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard design software
- Extremely client focused, with positive attitude coupled with excellent people skills, able to negotiate effectively, communicate at all levels and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to network with other resources and specialists around business as appropriate
- Genuine enthusiasm for design and willing to share knowledge and experience, and great design resources, articles and other inspiration with others
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.