Asia Pacific Legal - Assistant Vice President - Senior Counsel, Fixed Income Markets
The Fixed Income legal team within CIB Legal in Asia-Pacific ("FI Legal") is responsible for the provision of legal structuring, execution and advisory services in respect of the business in the region. A position in FI Legal exists for a junior lawyer based in Hong Kong to support the business, and working closely with the FI Legal team as well as the wider Markets Legal team.
- Providing structuring, documentation, execution management and legal support in respect of structured products linked to fixed income asset classes, including rates-linked, credit-linked, bond-linked or index-linked products.
- Non-quantitative structuring responsibilities include reviewing potential transactions and developing legal solutions.
- Pre-trade and post-trade transaction work includes assisting marketers and structurers with legal and regulatory questions.
- Drafting and reviewing confirmations for non-vanilla OTC fixed income derivatives transactions, liaising with back office with respect to confirmation documentation issues.
- External representation and participation in external industry committees and working groups.
- Coordination with local counsel on local law and regulatory issues and working closely with the front office and other functions, including Compliance, Credit, Risk, Tax, Finance, Conflicts and Operations.
- Monitoring the development and updating of legal know-how in respect of derivatives products and relevant regulations within the region and updating both business and CIB Legal colleagues as regards key developments in the legal and regulatory environment.
- Qualified solicitor from a common law jurisdiction with experience gained at an international law firm or a leading financial institution
- A robust personality who is capable of working autonomously, as well as part of a cross-disciplinary term.
- Ideally, candidates to have experience in some of the products to be covered. Candidates with experience in derivatives or issuance of securities more generally, may also be considered for the role.
- Mandarin and Chinese capabilities will be valued but not essential.
Attorneys must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing or otherwise eligible to practice law in the jurisdiction in which the position is based.