Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Company Secretarial Services
The Corporate Governance & Secretariat Department currently comprises qualified company secretaries and executives of high caliber. We work as a team, with a mission to provide comprehensive and professional governance advices and support to the Board and Board Committees as well as Senior Management of Hang Seng Bank and its subsidiaries (Hang Seng Group), with reference to best-in-class corporate governance practices, to facilitate the Bank in achieving long-term and sustainable success. Currently, Hang Seng Group has business operations in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Macau, Singapore and a representative office in Taipei.
You will have the opportunity to leverage your professional corporate governance and company secretarial knowledge and gain invaluable exposure and insights into the Bank's strategic, business and operational aspects. With the Bank being part of HSBC, one of the largest international banking groups, the Hang Seng Group also adopts international best practices in corporate governance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Company Secretary.
- Support the Company Secretary to lead and manage the Corporate Governance & Secretariat function of the Bank, including managing and driving the team to achieve service excellence
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the Board of Directors and senior management of the Bank on corporate governance and statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements as well as best practice requirements and standards for the Bank and its' subsidiaries conducting regulated businesses in Hong Kong
- Support the Company Secretary to implement and monitor the corporate governance framework of the Hang Seng Group to ensure its continuing fitness for purpose and effectiveness.
- Maintain and develop relationships with regulators, listing authorities and other external advisers/suppliers
- Oversee and manage the governance and appointment of Board and Committee memberships for the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Lead and manage the interpretation and execution of corporate governance related legislation and regulations of the Bank and the subsidiaries in HK
- Organize and manage all Board and Board Committee meetings of the Bank and its material subsidiaries including the significant insurance subsidiary, partnering with the contributory departments and functions in facilitating the Board / Committees to reach well-informed decisions.
- Review, advise on and comply with regulations/laws/Listing Rules insofar as the same relate to corporate governance and devise action plans for compliance therewith
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic and operational objectives of the HSBC Global and Regional Corporate Governance & Secretariat function.
- An accountant, lawyer or company secretarial professional that satisfy the Listing Rules requirements.
- Strong corporate governance experience in reputable listed companies, preferably with banking experience
- Change and Transformation - ability to proactively identify and bring about change opportunities and navigate resourcefully through change
- Growth Mindset - a desire to learn and improve self, embrace change, overcome challenges, see effort as a path to mastery and learn from mistakes
- Service Mindset - strong drive to deliver service excellence and manage diverse stakeholders and responsibilities and discharge requirements within exacting time frames; act as a trusted advisor to the external directors and senior heads to facilitate well-informed decisions
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas clearly, confidently and competently and create connection with others.
- Resilience - responding to difficult or adverse situations constructively and with adaptability to create options and uplift performance.
- Fluency in both English and Chinese
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.