Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Financial Control - FIN COO Office
Hang Seng's Financial Control function works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory, insurance finance, COO Office and treasury and investment finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Finance Systems and Data Analytics Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Plan, execute, monitor and control projects for migrating end user computing (EUC) applications to cloud platform and data analytics project implementations
- Promote data analytics usage in Finance and support users in data analytics and visualization activities using self-service BI tools such as Tableau or Qlik Sense.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain in-house developed client/server applications and prepare application documentation according to users' requirements in the areas of office automation and management decision support
- Handle Finance user inquiries and provide assistance and troubleshooting on technical issues
- Handle regular or ad-hoc admin and coordination tasks
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in application development using quick-win solutions, e.g. Visual Studio .Net, MSSQL Server, etc.
- Strong in database design and using SQL language for data manipulation
- Experience in using data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Qliksense would be an advantage
- Experience in Python application development would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Self-motivated and pro-actively contribute to escalating concerns & resolving issues
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.