Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. HANG SENG INDEXES COMPANY LTD
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited ('Hang Seng Indexes Company') manages and compiles the Hang Seng Family of Indexes, which cover stocks listed in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Our index series includes the Hang Seng Index, the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index and the Hang Seng TECH Index, as well as Stock Connect, Greater Bay Area and sector-related indexes. As at the end of 2021, assets under management in products passively tracking indexes in the Hang Seng Family of Indexes had reached a total of about US$44 billion.
Hang Seng Indexes Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank. Our company is a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index complier services to customers and financial institutions around the world.
To support our business growth, we are currently seeking high calibre professionals to join our Research team as Assistant Index Research Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Upkeep the methodology and integrity of HSIL's key products (HSI, HSCEI and HSTECH) through addressing regulatory changes and market developments and consulting necessary stakeholders;
- Conduct periodic constituent review on the HSI and some other indexes;
- Research and understand new and innovative techniques employed in new index development;
- Review the methodologies of Hang Seng Family of Indexes to ensure they are up to standard and managed with the necessary governance; and
- Support new index development and research such as preparing new index proposals and backtesting calculation
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Quantitative Analysis, Statistics or related disciplines;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Familiar with the Hong Kong / China A stock market;
- Demonstrate good understanding of the financial markets and derivatives strategies;
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Experience with Excel / VBA / Python / SQL and Bloomberg / Reuters / Factset / Wind;
- Strong research writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Resilient, able to work responsibly in a dynamic environment;
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese and Putonghua;
- Great sense of ownership and responsibility on job; and able to work independently
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.