Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Hang Seng Investment Management Limited
Established in 1993, Hang Seng Investment Management Limited ("HSVM") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank Limited, and is one of the largest Hong Kong homegrown asset management companies. HSVM specializes in Hong Kong and China markets and is committed to offering retail and institutional investors with a comprehensive range of investment products including ETFs, index tracking funds, actively-managed equities and fixed income funds, retirement funds, as well as institutional and corporate portfolios.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Investment and Compliance Support Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Support fund managers in portfolio management, including pre-deal checking/investment guideline monitoring, across various investment products in global/regional/local markets.,
- Assist in setting up rules in compliance monitoring system (Bloomberg AIM) according to investment guidelines restrictions, strengthen and automate relevant checking, develop and perform alternative monitoring process for restriction that cannot be coded in system, to ensure all the investment activities are in compliance with the policies and guidelines of the bank, regulatory authorities and the investment guidelines, mandates of the client.
- Perform regular checks, updates and reviews and coding enhancement to maintain a robust compliance monitoring system.
- Provide updates and training to colleagues for compliance rules and investment restrictions.
- Provide trade support, cash flow management, and general administration to fund managers.
- Ensure daily routines are running effectively and escalate for potential issues.
- Manage the relationship with fund managers, internal counterparties and custodian to monitor the high quality services and support to Front Office.
- Update internal procedures, handle inspection from internal business oversight team, and request from client due diligence and audits.
- University degree in Finance / Computing or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years' banking experience, with related exposure to internal control, risk control or compliance covering asset management products or operations
- Familiar with investment restrictions, good understanding of HKMA / SFC / MPFA regulatory requirement
- Good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and proficient in advanced MS Excel
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Chinese and Mandarin
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Willing to perform shift duties during 4pm to 1am occasionally and shift allowance will be offered
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for junior role)
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.