Assistant Manager/Manager, Collection Support
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Maintain a sustainable collections and recovery operations and governance to deliver on operational and loss performance and complaint management
- Consistently explore opportunities to improve controls in operational procedures and ensure agreed changes be implemented ;
- Review process and strategy design on a periodic basis and locate areas to improve in line with local regulations and the Bank policies and procedures;
- Maintain the departmental operation instructions, and ensure the documents be reviewed and updated by process owners in a timely manner;
- Ensure the authorities delegated by Country Head of Collections be timely documented, reviewed and updated as and when required or at least once a year;
- Ensure new joiners complete mandatory training on conduct, and collections dos and don'ts; and
- Perform periodic on-site reviews on third parties including both collections and legal vendors to ensure risks associated with the third parties are identified and mitigated
- Implement the Operational Risk Framework ("ORF") as planned and on a timely basis; and proactively and rigorously evaluate ORF controls whenever there are changes to high and medium risk processes. Continuously improve collection processes to control and mitigate operational risks;
- Ensure all the collections procedures and activities are in line with regulatory requirement and internal policies;
- Work a liaison with Country Compliance and Group Collections to address inquiries from the team in a timely manner;
- Follow through audit requirements, findings and action items, if any;
- Perform timely gap analysis between group policies and country processes, and prepare dispensations, if required, with rationales and compensating controls, and seek approvals from authorized approvers;
- Ensure all dispensations from group policies and procedures be reviewed, renewed or discarded in a timely manner; and
- Organize periodic sessions for both HK & SZ collection to ensure a good level of awareness of critical governance requirements including group and country policies, local regulations, and their backgrounds
Business Contingency Plan
- Handle customer complaints in a timely manner by engaging with stakeholders;
- Use lessons learnt from complaints to improve the processes and controls; and
- Report to management customer complaint volume on a timely basis.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Carry out Business Impact Analysis to identify any critical business activities of your department;
- Develop Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure that the critical activities will be continued in the event of a crisis, which results in the unavailability of office premises;
- Continuously monitor any changes impacting the integrity of the BCP, and update it where necessary;
- Raise the awareness of all staff members at Collections and Recoveries the importance of BCP; and
- Coordinate exercise to validate the BCP resources meet the business requirements.
- 5 years or more of experience in Customer Compliance, Operation Risk, and Customer Experience
- Excellent in spoken and written English & Chinese
- Good understanding of Bank's operation process & systems
- Basic knowledge in MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.