Assistant Manager – Credit Risk Control
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Responsible Person (RP)
- To review draft and clean-typed facility letters and securing documentation prepared on the Bank's standard forms before despatch.
- To sign clean-typed facility letters with securing documentation prepared on the Bank's standard forms on behalf of business units where applicable.
- To instruct and liaise with the Bank's solicitors in respect of non-standard documentation.
- To check all credit related documentation and issue the security compliance certificate in a timely fashion.
- To follow up on security deficiencies and the perfection of security.
- To release security including reassignment of mortgaged property.
- To ensure fire insurance for mortgaged property and other kind of insurance for tangible assets is in place where appropriate.
- To supervise & provide training to subordinates.
- To provide feedback of errors/problems directly to Manager - Credit Risk Control immediately.
- To follow up on renewal of dated documents and/or securities and report to Manager - Credit Risk Control as and when necessary.
- To attend regular team meetings to discuss/resolve issues of concern.
- To support & provide accurate data for local regulatory reportings.
- To be familiar and conversant with the Bank's CDD requirements, processes and MLP policies.
Departmental Continuity Coordinator
- Operational Risk Management - continuously maintain robust controls and monitor actions taken; concise identification of risk including analysis of the possible root causes and provide proposal to resolve risk
- Controls & Governance - provide reliable, consistent assistance to UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for operational risk management
- Data Conversion & Reporting - proactively detect and report non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples
- Quality Management - maintain data integrity when conducting KCSA and KRI (if required)
- To carry out Business Impact Analysis to identify any critical business activities of CRC
- To develop Business Continuity Plan (BC Plan) to ensure that the critical activities will be continued in the event of a crisis, which results in the unavailability of office premises
- To continuously monitor any changes impacting the integrity of the BC Plan, and update it where necessary
- Raise the awareness of all staff members at CRC the importance of Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Coordinate testing to validate the BCP resources meet with CRC business requirements
Workplace Safe Coordinator
- identifying and reporting fire hazards or defects of fire safety facilities;
- ensuring the reported fire hazards or defects are rectified in a timely manner;
- ensuring the required fire precautions are taken and maintained; and
- facilitating evacuation in the event of fire or emergency
- conducting a comprehensive quarterly workplace inspection and completing the quarterly Inspection Report. Completed report shall be kept on site at least for 12 months with copy sent to Banking Services Division on the same day either by fax or internal dispatch for central monitoring;
- cooperating with management to support and promote Health and Safety in the workplace;
- assisting heads of department/line managers to create and maintain health and safety culture in the workplace;
- assisting heads of departments/line managers to report accidents, and incidents;
- encouraging others to work in a healthy and safe manner; and
- bringing attention of management and other relevant parties any hazards or defects in the workplace
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.