About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To perform telephone dunning call to overdue accounts
- Offer assistance to those customers having financial problems through negotiation and settlement to reduce the credit loss
- Handle the end-to-end process on external forbearance program (IVA & iDRP) proposal preparation for all retail banking products
- Control and monitor the process for the case under IVA and iDRP with management MIS provided
- Execute collection strategies in order to manage an acceptable level of credit loss and maximize recovery return through in-house collection action
- Ensure good control mechanisms are in place and to ensure complied with Code of Banking Practice and the Bank's standard
- To identify and execute workflow re-engineering processes
- To ensure / improve operations effectiveness and KPIs
- TU record audit control as well as a backup of TU record enquiry
- Assist in ad-hoc assignments
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to enhancement the process and processing time
- Respond to events, make tactical decision and execute plans as well as performance management.
- Liaise and negotiate with customer to have a mutual agreement for early recovery of the concerned account.
- To comply with all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures.
- To ensure that forecasts on Loan Impairment Provision are accurate and timely.
- To ensure compliance with Group and Local policies, procedures and codes, including anti-money laundering.
- To ensure compliance with Local Laws and Regulations that the Risk Function have Risk Control ownership, as defined in the Operational Risk Framework.
- At least 5 years of functional risk experience in the areas of Collection/ Credit / Risk Management / Customer Service / Retail and Business Banking.
- Minimum Bachelor's university degree, preferably in the discipline of Banking and Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- With legal case handling experience is preferable
- Knowledge in Bank's operation process and systems are preferable
- Possesses sharp judgment and ability to make prompt and reliable recommendations to management
- under tight timelines
- Good communication, problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent speaking in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines and time pressure
- Pleasant character with logical thinking
- Basic Microsoft usage skill
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers