Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities:
To provide: (i) KYC and account opening for new corporate customers from end to end; and (ii) to manage a portfolio of assigned new applications, achieve new client acquisition target with reasonable turnaround time.
- To receive account opening leads from different referrals sources including IBG 3 & 4 and via online submission.
- To contact prospect corporate customers to conduct Know Your Customer (KYC) and arrange account opening.
- Understand business activity and obtain business proof to ascertain activity is legitimate and consistent as declared by prospect corporate customer
- Obtain documents to identify and verify the corporate customer and its connected parties according to the Bank's Customer Due Diligence Standards
- Proceed with enhanced customer due diligence as and when required e.g. establish or collaborate Source of Wealth (SOW), understand rationale of complex structure, prepare evaluation from for specific client types
- To identify and escalate cases with potential red flags on possible fraudulent application
- Follow up with customers on outstanding documents in a proactive manner, minimize the turnaround time.
- Arrange account opening documents and documents signing via face to face or non-face to face channel
- To input data into AOS system for BCAP screening, resolve name hit and take the lead on the approval process.
- To achieve new account application target on a week to week basis
- To liaise and work with internal departments/ RMs/ CSO to facilitate a smooth delivery of customer service and to accomplish assigned tasks.
- To perform other administrative & operations works as required.
- Ensure compliance of mandatory banking processes
- Participate in regular or ad hoc UAT and Live testing. May require weekend coverage.
- Minimum 2 years' banking experience within which 1 year in relevant role.
- Customer focus, good analytical and logical thinking, responsive and a team player.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate with customers and internal stakeholders effectively.
- Concern for data accuracy and attention to details with good product & process knowledge.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office including Excel.
- Good multi-tasking skills and ability to work independent and under pressure
- Proficiency in both English and Cantonese. Mandarin is highly preferred.