Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Assistant Manager, Complex Pricing . Principal responsibilities
Impact on the Business
- To be considered to be a pricing specialist to the business by providing advice on valuation of securities (especially on OTC derivatives)
- Provide support and guidance to Fund Services on the necessary Global reporting
Customers / Stakeholders
- Improve product proposition
- Provide consultant service to GDS and TFS
Leadership & Teamwork
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with all team members within Fund Services Asia Pacific
- Participate effectively as part of the Pricing Team, and the Global Pricing Function
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Mitigate risk and ensure proper controls to minimise losses
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Degree holder in computer science, finance, mathematics, statistics or related disciplines with at least 1-3 years of experience working in a financial institution
- Strong numeric skills and good knowledge of pricing and risk on derivative products is essential
- Proven experience of delivery in a financial institution environment is preferable
- Resourceful, creative, self-motivated and highly analytical person with ability to work either in a team or individually
- Experience on collateral management in relation to dispute resolution on derivative valuation is a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on OTC derivative related projects
- Solid development experience, ideally using the following skills: VBA and Excel, Database design and development, Bloomberg trading system and APIs, Reuters, development and coding for projects on a distributed computing platform (preferred)
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.