Data Management , GPS, Asset Management
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
As the Assistant Manager of Data Management, the incumbent is generally responsible for providing first line client support, product support as well as data, project & process integrity support. The incumbent primarily focuses on one of the four functional areas within GPS Support Services and is expected to spend no less than 80% of his/her time in the assigned focus area and up to 20% in the other three areas.
In general, the incumbent is expected to be self-motivated, works independently (only high level guidance or information is needed), escalates issues when appropriate to provide Security Master and Portfolio Support to Invesco's internal business partners globally. The incumbent liaises and works jointly with team members in global locations to provide 6x24 support coverage; including leading research and analysis of non-standard GPS related data concerns (e.g.security master, new instruments implementation, reconciliation, portfolio position / cash) and acts as an escalated point of contact on data reconciliation issue resolution; oversees data reconciliation resolution to a satisfactory and timely completion. The incumbent must exercise independent and business focused judgment while researching and resolving time critical and risk sensitive issues. Furthermore, the incumbent acts as a data steward to ensure data standards, quality and integrity are maintained. The incumbent also provides recommendation and leads automation and continuous improvement of daily operational processes as well as mentors analysts and administrators within the global team.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Acts as the point of contact for queries escalated within the team or from business partners. Proactively follows up; coordinates within GPS groups and ensures resolutions.
- Takes initiative to identify and raise issues on complex problems, formulates solutions independently and knows when to escalate
- Proactively initiates, leads and participates in all stages of continuous improvement initiatives as well as new business requirements / projects.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on complex products and continue to stay current on industry trends and best practices.
- Mentors colleagues and provides training to the global team on new processes and procedures.
First Line Support
- Supports global operation by executing tasks outlined in the Service Catalogue accurately and in a timely manner that meets established SLA.
- Provides data support for security masters, brokers and associated reference data. Validates and ensures data override requests conform to Invesco’s Data Standards
- Conducts research/analysis and escalates data standard concerns to appropriate Data Governance bodies.
- Takes ownership and performs independent analysis on complex escalated position, cash, coupon payment and security master related reconciliation breaks requiring non-standard research and problem solving abilities.
- Takes ownership on cash management support and resolves all escalated position independently prior to market open and informs the investment teams.
- Maintains a good overall understanding of the assigned investment strategy.
- Work on new instruments analysis to determine the associated data requirements and support procedures across all relevant systems.
- Work on the associated data and process flow end-to-end testing. Coordinates new instrument responses, testing and approval across GPS as needed.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in complex instruments. Documents complex instrument support procedures, shares knowledge and trains the global team.
- Coordinates new data requests and data standards change requests. Analyze new data needs, recommends new and adjustment to data standards.
- Leads the research and analysis of GPS data in support of the creation/maintenance of Invesco specific data elements. Ensures data provided fits Invesco’s global needs.
- Prepare management reports and executive level commentaries on the health of GPS reconciliation and other issues resolution. Escalates and keeps GPS Management Team informed of any critical reconciliation breaks and data issues globally.
- Informs stakeholders on critical data integrity issues that impact them in a timely manner.
- Supports reconciliation and audit process for specific accounts as per SLAs defined.
- Works closely with GRS and GPS functional teams to identify opportunities to streamline the overall reconciliation resolution process globally.
- Leads and facilitates cross-function discussions on reconciliation resolution process improvements identified.
Project & Process Integrity
- Proactively identifies and leads process integrity and effectiveness enhancement opportunities to completion. Takes ownership to develop new ways to identify and alert us of data quality issue preemptively.
- Leads prioritization, manages, organizes and monitors business requests for Support Services globally.
- Leads process improvements and project coordination globally within Support Services.
- Takes ownership in the definition, delivery and the communication of efficiency and data quality measurements. Monitors and keeps Support Services Leadership Team inform on these measurements regularly.
- Proactively leads discussions and works with Support Services Leadership Team to identify and address root cause if measurement not meeting defined targets.
- Responsible for operation reviews and controls.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years' financial services industry experience in a data analysis capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of investment products and global security markets is required.
- Knowledge of market data services such as Bloomberg and Reuters is required.
- Must have previous knowledge and work experience with data management applications, order management systems, portfolio administration applications, fund accounting applications, reconciliation tools, and data warehouse platforms.
- System examples include: CADIS, Charles River, Aladdin, FMC, Eagle STAR, Eagle PACE.
- Must have a good understanding of the end-to-end investment services processes
- including but not limiting to trade entry, trade process, settlement, security master set up/maintenance, valuation, corporate action processing, fund accounting and reconciliation resolution.
- Have in-depth and strong understanding of the Invesco data flow and the impact of different characteristics of GPS owned data have on downstream data consumers and business functions.
- Understanding of Invesco’s marketplace and global reach, and is mindful of the global nature of our business when conducting day to day activities. Understands Invesco’s primary product sets and operating model.
- Demonstrated strong ability to process and assimilate data and information into meaningful management and reporting information.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, written and verbal communication skills to effectively build strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Customer focus and with a keen interest in providing superb services to clients.
- Very strong organization skills, detail orientation, with an ability to understand the big picture and work under pressure with tight deadline.
- Excellent research & analytical as well as problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently under general guidelines in a cross-functional global team environment is critical.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information under pressure on a daily basis. This includes the ability to handle time critical situations while meeting rigorous deadlines.
- A self-established independent thinker with keen interest, curiosity and strong desire to research problems, analyze issues, challenge status-quo, leads projects 4
- as well as the perseverance to bring issues to a satisfactory closure without close supervision.
- Aptitude for mathematical calculations and ability to analyze detailed numerical data.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – in particular Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Aptitude for learning new technology and adapting to rapid changes.
- Desire to learn new and complex financial instruments and processes.
- Value diversity of thoughts, participates in constructive debate and feedback.
- Understand matrix related work and can translate data into story.
- Asks for and provides constructive feedback from/to others. Strives to become an informal leader.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Require a University degree in Accounting, Finance, Math or business area of concentration (or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required).
- MBA is an asset.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Certify Financial Analyst (CFA) or Professional accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA, CPA) an asset.
- Rotating support coverage is required for international markets that are open during statutory holidays. Participate
- Participate in Business Recovery testing on an as-needed basis as defined by manager.
- Overtime, off hours support and travel may be required.
- Staggering shift work is required on a rotational basis and as defined by manager to provide global business coverage.
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.