Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Compliance
Compliance is a function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help Hang Seng Bank navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help Hang Seng safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Manager FC Investigations Principal responsibilities Impact on the Business/Function
Customers / Stakeholders
- Process a proportionate number of Financial Crime Investigaiton Reports and Consents to the agreed procedural standards required and within agreed service levels.
- Ensure appropriate pro-active use of media reports and relevant websites to gather intelligence and identify customers of HASE involved in crime/ML/terrorism etc.
- Produce a high quality case file including a comprehensive narrative and recommendation as to whether or not a SAR requires onward disclosure to the relevant authorities in accordance with procedural standards.
- To supervise and undertake the duty of money laundering investigations. Ensure that investigation is managed properly and efficiently in a professional and cost effective manner so that Bank and Regulators' standards are met.
- To assist in creating an environment where the Bank is kept abreast of all new development and intelligence that are associated with money laundering and terrorist financing issues.
- Maintain and develop close relationship with counterparts at Group, other financial institutions and law enforcement agencies. Offer assistance to them in related affairs with a view to protect Bank's interest and reputation.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Deal with enquiries from colleagues of other HASE business areas in a professional, responsive manner, giving them appropriate guidance, referring to management where necessary.
- Provide support to the Financial Crime Investigation Team
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Communicate the HASE vision, Values and goals to others clearly and consistently to build engagement and an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team members to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Encourage and enable productive teamwork and matrix working, by demonstrating a collaborative approach and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HASE's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together.
- Adhere to HASE policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
- Continuously monitor, gather information from relevant sources to assess potential impacts and identify risks, necessary changes and business opportunities.
- Apply AML policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the Group's/ Bank's internal control standards, including the timely investigation and reporting to JFIU, the recommendation of termination of banking relationship of accounts pose money laundering risks
- University Graduate
- Seasoned professional with 2 years' or less experience in risk & compliance roles, to include significant money laundering / compliance / audit / risk management experience
- Extensive knowledge of AML regulations and guidance
- Significant experience in the financial services industry
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Proven/Excellent leadership skills/ability
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business at Country level
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators
- Holder of professional qualification on AML/CFT (e.g. ACAMS, ICA, Associate AML Professional of HKIB) is preferred
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.