Assistant Manager, Fraud Risk Operations, HK
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Ensure effective performance in the fraud risk operations function thru assisting the Managers as well as working closely with other team members to adhere to policies and guidelines, taking initiatives to identify risk areas and suggesting changes of control measures.
- Manage to handle daily operations of prevention of fraud risk and investigation processes of suspicious fraud cases.
- Handle and communicate with FRSC ensuring services provided meeting the agreed Service Level Agreement
- Analyse fraud transaction patterns defrauding behaviours to advance fraud preventive device / measures in order to minimise fraud losses.
- Coach the Fraud Risk Operations officers to conduct the daily routines and tackle unusual situation if any.
- Ensure fraud recovery opportunities are fully optimised.
- Maintain good relationship with law enforcement officials, Visa, MasterCard, China Union Pay, DCC other card issuing / acquiring members and credit bureau in order to take efficient and adequate risk control measures to reduce losses.
- Identify industry best fraud risk infrastructure and management practices are tabled and are considered for adoption within the country
- Assist to lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for the country for Fraud Risk Operations.
- Assist to develop and maintain fraud management capabilities, skills and infrastructure in the country that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations and are responsive to fraud attacks.
- Respond quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated to the Manager.
- Enhance the fraud detection capability in both lending & non-lending products.
- Ensure Lessons Learned shared with stakeholders on timely manner.
- Assist the Manager to develop and conduct fraud awareness and investigation training programs for the country fraud management unit
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of fraud risk management processes.
- Ensure effective recovery tracking process in place in the country
- Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with law enforcement agents, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud.
- Ensure various fraud risks are being actively prevented and detected in a timely manner on an end-to-end basis.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in the country Fraud Risk Operations team to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employee forms part of the culture
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Fraud Risk Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Internal stakeholders
- CCROs, Country Risk Head
- Regional / Country Business Heads and Product / Segment Heads
- Fraud Risk Management (2LOD), Financial Crime Risk and SIS
- Legal & Compliance
- Country Collections Head and Policy teams
- Client Onboarding & Credit Risk Operations
- Client Servicing & Transacting
- Internal IT partners supporting CPBB Clients business
- Call Centre & Customer Experience Management unit
- Human Resources
Our Ideal Candidate
- Auditors and Regulators
- Associations (Visa, MasterCard and other Regional / Local forums), Credit Bureaus and peer Banks
- Law Enforcement agencies
- Suppliers, vendors and consultants
- Market Knowledge: - Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment and evolving fraud landscape.
- Business Strategy and Model: - Awareness and understanding of Standard Chartered's Retail Clients business and that of peers in the industry.
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: - Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements.
- Non-technical skills: - Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.