Job description Some careers have more impact than others
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC. Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Assistant Manager/ Manager, Product Development. Principal Responsibilities
The role has a reporting line into the Senior Manager of Product Development, under HSBC Insurance HK Products Team. The role is responsible in supporting day to day new product development work, including coordination with different stakeholders, participating in the project work group, material preparation for product approval and post-launch product review. He/she will contribute to the end-to-end execution, implementation and delivery of new life insurance product distributing via various distribution channels (including WPB, CMB, Brokers, Digital, etc) in the Hong Kong and Macau market.
- Assist in the generation of new product ideas, perform necessary market research and voice of customer
- Assist the implementation of new life insurance product initiatives in various distribution channels (including WPB, CMB, Brokers, Digital, etc)
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to drive the end to end insurance product development cycle; pipeline management and approval process
- Construct product collaterals for necessary internal and regulatory approvals
- Monitor the post implementation review after new product launch so as to identify the gap for future product development
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders including distribution, risk stewards and other related support functions for any issues related to the new product development in an effective manner
- Proactive resolve any issues together with other key stakeholders in the project work group with aims for on time project delivery
- Support the paper, proposal submission to various product approval forums (including local Product Committee, GPB&Wealth POC and various Group level approval forums)
- Conduct regular market research, voice of customers and collect business performance and customer statistics for post launch review
- Propose any future product idea and product refinement with aim to serve better the insurance needs of HSBC customers
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant experience in financial services, experience in life insurance/ product/ development/ marketing/ preferred
- An advantage to have solid knowledge in life insurance product and good financial sense on life insurance product
- Highly effective communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytics skill, team work spirit and able to articulate and solve complex issues with other stakeholders
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, strong business acumen and customer centric mindset
- Detail minded and have a strong on line delivery mindset
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- University degree in relevant discipline
- Any Professional Actuarial Bodies and related qualification is a bonus
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.