Assistant Manager / Manager, Derivatives Services
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description
Manulife Investment Management's Asia Derivatives Services team (ADS) serves as the regional hub for derivatives analysis, facilitation and operations throughout the Asian region. ADS serves both Manulife's General Accounts and Third Party fund businesses providing analytical resources, performing compliance monitoring, overseeing hedge accounting and managing trade and collateral operations as they relate to derivatives for Manulife's offices in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for working on various derivatives and collateral operations, including new trade validation, various projects, timely resolution of complex problems, handling of escalated issues, coordinating collateral transfers and receipts with derivatives counterparties on exchanged traded, cleared and OTC derivatives trading in the Asia regions. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with at least 3 years experience in the securities industry and/or investment operations.
- Experience with equity, foreign exchange, fixed income securities and derivatives, valuation, custodial operations, fund accounting and settlement processes.
- Knowledge and experience with cash management, cash flow forecast, reconciliations, post trade handling, reporting and fund operations are required.
- Direct experience working in a Middle Office environment is a strong advantage.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skill to deal with various internal and external parties and able to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and technical skills and demonstrated ability to analyse complex problems and make effective recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task and the flexibility to work in a fast changing environment.
Our commitment to you
- Assist with daily trading process, settlements of cash and collateral for exchange traded, cleared and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives on variation margin and initial margin.
- Lead in the resolution of any middle office issues with the counterparty, custodian and back office, dealing with our custodian(s) regarding the logistics and the reconciliation of in-transit cash and collateral settlements.
- Review and sign-off on daily market data inputs reconciliation and perform new trade validation.
- Assist from time to time in ad hoc analytic requests from business units, one-off issue resolution, and operational activities as the need arises.
- Propose process improvements of operational functions that are overly manual, time consuming, and/or pose risks by various methods including automation, off-shoring, or re-engineering. These activities are mainly focused on processes within Asia Derivatives Services and generating information/reports useful to our internal clients and senior management.
- Assist in designing new management reports and analytics beneficial to specific business units or for senior management reporting.
- Possess good understanding of equity, fixed income and exchange traded and over the counter (OTC) derivatives.
- Seek and recommend workflow process improvements and assist in the creation and implementation of new procedures and controls.
- Build and document enhanced procedures and controls to ensure consistently high quality services to the front office, clients and other business units.
- Manage the relationship with custodian banks and counterparties to ensure good market practices are offered and delivered timely and accurately.
- Collaborate with peers, other business units and functions both amongst Asian territories.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .