Assistant Manager / Manager / Senior Manager - Audit Services Asia
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our professionals with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife HK is seeking an Assistant Manager / Manager / Senior Manager - Audit Services Asia. The candidate is accountable for planning, executing and completing audit projects (including key risk audits, key risk reviews, consulting, investigations and other special projects). The candidate is also responsible for the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services within Asia. While remaining totally independent, Audit Services function provides added value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. Audit Services provides assurance services to senior management and the board of directors which assist them in discharging their responsibilities for overseeing the management of risk in Manulife. What motivates you?
• You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
• You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
• You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
• You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
• You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
• You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone We are looking for someone with:
• 5 - 10 years' relevant experience, appropriate business title will be assigned based on the successful candidate's experiences and competency.
• Good knowledge of life insurance and asset management business, audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques
• Data analytics skills (SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, etc)
• Asia regional experience is a plus
• A fast learner
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Able to deal with confrontations and resolve conflicts.
• Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to Assistant Vice President
• Results oriented; able to strike balance on multiple priorities and projects
• Sound business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations
• Commitment to quality
• Recognized accounting (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) professional designation
• Strong team-player who willingly and openly shares ideas and knowledge. Able to collaborate with different team members in a multi-cultural environment.
• Actively seeks feedback from others and incorporates any necessary changes. At the same time, provide clear and timely constructive feedback.
• Challenges the status quo and proactively makes suggestions for continuous improvement. On the job you will:
• Assist in preparing annual audit plan based on risks and applicable requirements for assigned areas. Assist in preparing presentation materials for various committees and executive meetings.
• Plan and execute/lead various types of audits (including Sarbanes-Oxley Project (aka SOX)) in accordance with the audit methodology, departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
• Evaluate the management of risk and internal controls in business. Present findings to and reach agreement with the business unit/regional management; make practical and value-added recommendations to improve control environment and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Prepare audit reports; audit reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
• Utilize data analytics techniques to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
• Ensure quality of work completed.
• Execute various types of audits within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to responsible project leads and Directors.
• Assist business unit management by providing consulting advices.
• Follow-up with business unit/regional management regularly on the status/implementation of corrective action plans for timely audit issue closure.
• Actively participates in departmental initiatives.
• Provide guidance and coaching to team members. Our commitment to you
• Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
• A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
• A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
• Our best. Every day. Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .