Assistant Manager / Senior System Analyst, Application Management, Information Technology
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Focus on Frontend System (Policy Services & Claims)
- Manage different scales of projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, user & technical requirements analysis, and change management. Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement. Competent knowledge in Life Asia and AS/400, middle ware connectivity like MQ and client-server technologies integrating with Front-End System.
- Work closely with project manager, vendors, contractors, and project team members for delivering quality projects and services
- Manage project execution, communicate project progress and issues to project stakeholders, including analytical reports, presentations and other documentations as necessary throughout the project delivery process
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Devise architecture roadmap and work with multiple IT teams to drive architecture design and best practices for various Life Systems project initiatives
- Maintains a measurable and quality of project deliverables within defined and agreed upon project requirements
- Those with passion for change and innovation, eagerness to succeed in a digital business world
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with 8+ years of experience for Assistant Manager role, candidate with less experience will be considered as Senior System Analyst position
- Experience in finance or insurance industry preferred
- knowledge in Life Insurance products and business flow is an advantage
- Good technical knowledge in Java EE, MS .NET platform and MS SQL
- Good knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Good knowledge in Opentext Exstream (Streamserve) and Opentext and IBM ECM is an advantage
- Good communication skills and knowledge in project management. Certification in project management such as PMP is a plus
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.