Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. HANG SENG INDEXES COMPANY LTD
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited ('Hang Seng Indexes Company') manages and compiles the Hang Seng Family of Indexes, which cover stocks listed in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Our index series includes the Hang Seng Index, the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index and the Hang Seng TECH Index, as well as Stock Connect, Greater Bay Area and sector-related indexes. As at the end of 2021, assets under management in products passively tracking indexes in the Hang Seng Family of Indexes had reached a total of about US$44 billion.
Hang Seng Indexes Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank. Our company is a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index complier services to customers and financial institutions around the world.
To support our business growth, we are currently seeking high calibre professionals to join our team as Assistant Strategy Planning Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Support Strategy Managers to formulate and implement strategic planning, with work area related to project management, growth initiatives, cross-functional team collaboration and external partnership;
- Support in driving various strategic initiatives, tracking implementation progress and KPI performance, with clear understanding of company's strategic direction as well as detailed implementation plan;
- Conduct research and monitoring new market trends to identify growth opportunities, and regular assessment on latest development and performance of HSIL's key competitors;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders or project workgroups to drive end-to-end strategic project delivery;
- Deliver quality management reports, presentation slides, excel spreadsheets and other tasks assigned by supervisor;
- Support operation of strategic or other governing Committee and related project workgroups;
- Monitor external events and trends in the external environment including economic drivers, competitive threats, and other industry related strategy topics; and
- Support in different strategic analysis and reporting and other administrative tasks
- University degree with at least 2 years of experience in strategy, business management, consulting or related area;
- Experience of strategic development gained within the financial or asset management industry;
- Experience in working with external stakeholders and professional parties;
- Experience in index industry is an advantage;
- Strong research, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Creative, with can-do attitude and growth mindset;
- Resilient, capability to work responsibly in a dynamic environment;
- Great sense of ownership and team player to ensure both individual and team success; and
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese & Putonghua)
Candidates with less experience will be considered for junior role.
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.