Following with the Compliance framework that developed by Compliance Group, take the lead to evaluate, supervise and guide the control on AML & regulatory related policies and procedures in PBG.
- Develop, coordinate and review the annual internal control work plan for AML offsite inspection checking programme; oversee the work activities and monitor for the quality of monthly inspection result with periodic report provide to senior management.
- Provide regular update in AML and regulatory control to senior management at Compliance meeting and prepare for the related reporting materials.
- Partner with the business management to continually conduct root cause analysis and benchmarking to improve our control processes and business operating models
- Conduct review and assessment to validate the control effectiveness and evaluate their operation healthiness, risk, compliance, and control level
- Review customer complaints with regulatory and compliance concerns in relation to AML/FATCA/CRS, ensuring completion of root cause analysis and thereby devise effective corrective and preventive measures.
- Maintaining appropriate and orderly records and providing information to facilitate management reporting and analysis
- Work with various training teams in the bank to and promote risks and control awareness in AML/FATCA/CRS related areas.
- Assist in handling ad hoc AML and regulatory control issues.
- Attending enquiries and handling inspection from regulators and Internal Audit. Assist in conducting HKMA assessment of money laundering and terrorist financing risks, AML/FATCA/CRS reviews from Insurance Authority/SFC/Inland Revenue Department etc
- Understand the market best practice in relation to the AML and regulatory control issues. Provide feedback and recommendation to Compliance Group with in depth understanding of regulation, market practice and their commercial impact.on
- Degree holder in Business Administration, Accounting, Laws or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of AML control experience in retail/private banking preferable.
- Professional qualification in Audit, Laws or AML related area is preferable.
- Preferably possess / obtain Core or Professional level of qualification under the HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF) on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Financing Terrorism (CFT).
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).